For Sale Official Freedom Plate List: Please respond here.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi, please put me down for a Med SS. I am 5' 9". This will be my first BP, and I'll most likely go with an Argonaut 18#.

1967Goat (Keith in Conifer, CO)

Eric,
I seem to recall mention of a thinner, lightweight SS plate instead of an aluminum one. I edited my post (#206) to reflect my preference for the thinner, lighter SS plate if that becomes an option. Thanks! and Merry Christmas!

Question:
Single steel tank, 100cf
Negative filled and empty
Should I use the alum. Or the Ss?
whatever your answer is, that’s my order!

Eric, List me please!

EDIT: Not polished please, please confirm order.

S.S. or alum.?.... Contour large.
Not polished
Need ASAP, My BC has the spine of a jellyfish!
I’m back plate less! :)
Will use a Mach 18#V with it
Build it the best way for this wing please.

Single tank use only. Looking for a warm water set. 3-5mm wetsuit max

Billmansf68
At
iCloud

240 three four three
0 4 8 8
Cell

Question:
Single steel tank, 100cf
Negative filled and empty
Should I use the alum. Or the Ss?
whatever your answer is, that’s my order!

Eric, List me please!

EDIT: Not polished please, please confirm order.

S.S. or alum.?.... Contour large.
Not polished
Need ASAP, My BC has the spine of a jellyfish!
I’m back plate less! :)
Will use a Mach 18#V with it
Build it the best way for this wing please.

Single tank use only. Looking for a warm water set. 3-5mm wetsuit max

Billmansf68
At
iCloud

240 three four three
0 4 8 8
Cell
I can give you specs, but I can’t officially advise on weighting.
Stainless large is 4 lbs. without rail. A rail adds 1 lb.
Figure out your weighting needs with your suit and how much ballast you need, where you want the weight, and/or if you want any ballast ditchable at all. Once you get this figured out and know what you want, get back to me.
Not being an insured instructor and under contract to teach, I actually have no place officially telling people how to configure their set-ups and how to weight themselves.
Thanks

I can give you specs, but I can’t officially advise on weighting.
Stainless large is 4 lbs. without rail. A rail adds 1 lb.
Figure out your weighting needs with your suit and how much ballast you need, where you want the weight, and/or if you want any ballast ditchable at all. Once you get this figured out and know what you want, get back to me.
Not being an insured instructor and under contract to teach, I actually have no place officially telling people how to configure their set-ups and how to weight themselves.
Thanks

Please put me on the list for a large alum. contour. What ever the best config. Is for the Oxy Mach V wing. (18 lb wing)
I’ll work on weighting when I get it and set it up with a pro. here in S. FL

My contact info is above and thanks!

Please put me down for a Medium SS contour, satin finish, with block. Many thanks!
(P.S. I have a U.S. mailing address.)

What's the status on the EZ Pak? I'd be interested in a Medium sized one... Would love to find out more.

What's the status on the EZ Pak? I'd be interested in a Medium sized one... Would love to find out more.
The EZ Pak is just a version of a medium aluminum standard contour except it was supposed to be an economy plate for very simple warm water diving. I modeled it after an old Healthways plastic back pack design but formed it out of aluminum instead. It had cutouts down on the sides that could be used as a side carry handle or the webbing can be laced through it using the third opening as a slot so the webbing locks in place with no s/s keepers, very similar to how the three top slots work.
I have not decided if I’m going to fully make those yet.

Back
Top Bottom