For Sale Official Freedom Plate List: Please respond here.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Please put me on the list for a large AL (assuming that's the most appropriate size for 6'1" with a long torso).

Thanks,
Jesse

I’m 5’6” 160 lbs athletic
pls put me on the list for a small? Is this correct?

I dive tropics with an xtec alum plate (2 lbs) and STA (1 lb) and negatively buoyant jetfins. no weights

I’m not sure what’s the weight of your alum or Ss. If it’s 3 lbs or a bit more I’m ok with whatever material. If it’s 4 lbs or a bit more I’m still ok. Will just swap a more lighter fin to keep my buoyancy.

I read about blocks and rails. I leave it up to you. If needed or not or as you designed the plate.

Can I still use my xtec 30lb donut with this? If not it’s ok. I’ll get your suggested donut

I’m located in the Philippines, I hope you take PayPal. But I do have a conus address . My friend in the us will take care of sending it to me thanks.

Randy from the Philippines

@LanceRiley It should be no problem to use your 30# donut with the FP.

The shape of the FP means more of the weight is concentrated towards your feet, as compared to a traditional BP. With Jet fins, you may find that you are more foot-heavy than you want to be. But, you would really have to try it and experiment with it some to know for sure. Everybody is different...

The FP will be heavier than your AL plate and STA. If you need no weight now, with that setup, you might also be fine with the FP, lighter fins, and still no weight. I use neutral fins with my FP setup and really like it that way.

Eric,
I wanted to make sure you had me down for a medium AL FP. I dive mostly warm water, so it will be my main plate. I've got FP #404 SS, but iirc, you were still working on the AL model and had not finalized it for production, so I don't think I made it to the new list. Polished, no rails with a block. Thanks!

Edit: If you are making the light weight plate now also out of thinner ss, then I would prefer that over aluminum.

thanks!

The shape of the FP means more of the weight is concentrated towards your feet, as compared to a traditional BP. With Jet fins, you may find that you are more foot-heavy than you want to be. But, you would really have to try it and experiment with it some to know for sure. Everybody is different...

The FP will be heavier than your AL plate and STA. If you need no weight now, with that setup, you might also be fine with the FP, lighter fins, and still no weight. I use neutral fins with my FP setup and really like it that way.

Stuart did you pick up an AL FP also? I'm in warm water at home, so with steel 120s, I think I could use the weight reduction of AL with only a rash guard.

Stuart did you pick up an AL FP also? I'm in warm water at home, so with steel 120s, I think I could use the weight reduction of AL with only a rash guard.

I did not. So far, I have only used my plate in the ocean when I have flown somewhere (if I drive there I dive CCR or doubles). So far, I’ve only been anywhere that had aluminums.

But, back when used to dive single tank all the time (before I got the FP), my normal setup was a single steel 120 with a SS plate, in a 3/2 wetsuit. I never had any complaints with that setup.

Hopefully it’s not too heavy with neutral fins like RK3 which is what I’m eyeing right now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom