Official 7th Annual Venice Beach Turkey Fry Thread Sponsored by Scuba Quest!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@ Scott/Truck - One of my turkeys is a bit over 15lbs - that is the smallest they had left :shocked2: I',m thinking we can cut off a leg or something before frying and it should be fine?

QUOTE]

Nope. No preop surgery for the bird. A little bit bigger bird takes a little bit longer. Ive had a 20 lbder in mine before, and didnt have a problem with it. Took a little bit over an hour I believe.

@ Scott/Truck - One of my turkeys is a bit over 15lbs - that is the smallest they had left :shocked2: I',m thinking we can cut off a leg or something before frying and it should be fine?

Nope. No preop surgery for the bird. A little bit bigger bird takes a little bit longer. Ive had a 20 lbder in mine before, and didnt have a problem with it. Took a little bit over an hour I believe.

Damn now you've gone and ruined my fun. You know how I like chpping things up. :wink:

Damn now you've gone and ruined my fun. You know how I like chpping things up. :wink:

Halloween is over. Take off the hockey mask and step away from the chainsaw.

I'm going to pm dkramer - hopefully she checks in today but if anyone, FB or Shark maybe, has her number can ya pm it or text it to me please. Thanks.

Thanks for the number guys. Calling her now.

**Don't forget your chairs for tomorrow. I am going to be bringing a couple, in case someone needs one**

Edit: Got a hold of Dana/dkramer and she will be grabbing our tables from the shop in the morning :D Thanks Dana for the last minute help. :)

Last edited:
I am new to the turkey fry and would like to come see what its all about. The fry seems pretty staright forward, like a big potluck, but what about the diving. I'm guessing we are responsible for our own equipment, but how deep is the diving and is there anything special I should know? Is it a shore dive and will there be groups going out or do we go by ourselves?

I am new to the turkey fry and would like to come see what its all about. The fry seems pretty staright forward, like a big potluck, but what about the diving. I'm guessing we are responsible for our own equipment, but how deep is the diving and is there anything special I should know? Is it a shore dive and will there be groups going out or do we go by ourselves?

You've got it right. If you'd like we could use a couple bags of chips (on sale at Publix) and a couple liters of soda. :idk:

Yes, we usually dive in groups (some do go on their own), the water is 'round about 17', and yes it is a shore dive (straight out from where we will be frying and eating).

Last edited:
The viz reports that I've gotten for today were <5 ft @ Service Club, 2-3 ft @ Spanish Rocks. The wind is gonna shift around from the NE to the East tomorrow and be less than 10 mph, surf 1/2 ft, tide outgoing. Beach water temp @ the Sharkey pier weather station was 70 degrees today, air temp upper 50's early to upper 60's around noon. Dress appropriately!

@ Scott, Sh@rkW@tcher is bringing ketchup for your fries and I am bringing some sea salt and pepper.

Trick - I found some labels so if I get a sec tonight I will make the name tags you were hoping for :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom