OFF to Mexico

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Captain CaveMan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Well Tomorrow night the wife and I are outa here. were going to Tulum for 8 days. I going to be diving with Maya Diving out of our resort. Im looking to do 2 dives a day and do 2 days of cenota diving like we did last year. but this time im taking my gear with. bp/w and 7ft long hose exe. all packed and all ready to go.:D

well got home. heres the details
Well, 7 nights in Cozumel and wow. 86Deg F every day but most of the time it was rainning. for the 7 nights I did 4 Ocean dives and 2 Cavern. the Ocean dives were wonder full but the only problem was they didn't have a wet suit that fit me for the first 2 dives. the ocean was a worm 80deg but the cold rain that was coming down was freezing. the first 2 was to the Wall witch is a nice 80ft dive and slowly climbed our way back up. the 2nd was a reef call Paradise. this was my favorite dive site down there. more fish and plant life for the eyes. the kool thing was the way the corral grew together witch made nice tunnels that you could swim threw. some areas were very tight to were i was the only one to go threw. (thanks to the B/P and wing set up). we had about 20 divers in our boat but broke into groups of 4. nice and small. in my group the was not one diver that dove regular. they had no idea what they were doing. up/down giving the thumbs up signal all the time?????? its like they forgot everything + they would hit the reefs all the time.. the cavern dives were not even better. talk about hitting the stalagmites and stalactites. at times they were fall down from divers hitting them. they stirred everything up and it made the dives very hard to see since i was the one in the back. they were touching everything dive masters told them not to what dint they under stand. anyway i had a great time on the dives even though some things happened.

for the last 2 dives my dad wanted to give it a try and so did my mother in law. so the too DSD and joined my on a 2 tank dive in Coz.this by far was the best dive. the dive instructor let me do everything for my dad as he watch over us. i took my dad down nice and slow and got his buoyancy and we had a great dive. on the way back up from our dive he let me control them at the safety stops and at the surface, I just think of this as a good way of helping me work my was to instructor( some day) and i really enjoyed it. I got tons of pics but i went threw and pick the best ones.

we stayed at Secrets Excellence in Cancun. nice resort , great food and wonder service.
I had still had lots of fun

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2111973503

f0675e07.jpg

Also on the way back home while waiting for your plane in TX I got to meet Mike Ditka. Nice guy let me take a pic and a signature. he was on the same plane as our so we got to talk for about 1.5 .hours

Thanks for the trip report. Very cool that you got to meet Mike Ditka.

What dive op did you use?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom