odd identification/help bcd part.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

he3r0

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Not sure if in the right section of forum, but there I go:
i`ve got this nice, used, back inflated BCD, (pic 1). also got power-inflator+hose for it (pic 2 + pic3)and now im trying to find a seal for connection of power-inflator hose to the BCD, i think brand of it is "performance diver" but i cant find anything on their website about this one (performancediver.net and looks like they have only jacket style BCDs) on BCD i could find "size M, made in USA". But i have another question: i have a ScubaPro Mk25/S600 and i tried to attach pictured power-inflator to the inflator hose from my SP gear and it does not work 2gether... looks like the SP collar is too long so it does not catches.... (im sorry for my haotic thoughts, i hope its more than less clear) do i have to have differnt type of inflator hose? what brand would fit? power-inflator have no markings on it at all, so i really cant say anything about it, but on last picture i have logo thats on the top of the power-inflator hose.... maybe that will help?

Attachments

• bcd.jpg
    bcd.jpg
    373 KB · Views: 44
  • hose.jpg
    hose.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 44
  • pinf.jpg
    pinf.jpg
    242.4 KB · Views: 49
  • logo.jpg
    logo.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 46
Performance was rebranded gear that was sold locally several years ago. The blue lines on the inflator hose look like Sherwood. If I understand you correctly, you need the flat washer for the BC/inflator hose connection. That is a common item at any dive shop or you might can find a rubber washer at a hardware store that will fit (try Burke Brothers near the fairgrounds). There is nothing special about the washer as long at it's outside diameter is correct and the inner diameter is about the same size as the diameter of the inner hole in the BC.
There are several different inflator hose varities, most are common but there are a few odd balls so you may need to get a different inflator hose for you reg.....or replace the LP inflator end with one that will match the current hose you have. About the same cost either way but if it were mine and I had other BC's or regs I would want them to all be the same.....saves me from having to move hoses around if I need to mix equipment. My best suggestion is to take what you have over to Gypsy and see the guys at Airtech. If anyone has the parts it will be them.

Back
Top Bottom