October SASS

Freddies Place Oct. 13th 7:30 pm

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As for how I feel about people who might have dog issues, note that this is posted at my house.:wink:

To All Non-Pet Owners Who Visit & Like to Complain About Our Pets:

1. They live here. You don't.
2. If you don't want their hair on your clothes, stay off the furniture. (That's why they call it "fur"niture.)
3. I like my pets a lot better than I like most people.
4. To you, it's an animal. To me, he/she is an adopted son/daughter who is short, hairy, walks on all fours and doesn't speak clearly.

Remember: In many ways, dogs and cats are better than kids because they:

1. Eat less
2. Don't ask for money all the time
3 Are easier to train
4. Normally come when called
5. Never ask to drive the car
6. Don't smoke or drink
7. Don't have to buy the latest fashions
8. Don't want to wear your clothes
9. Don't need a "gazillion" dollars for college.
10. Generally give kisses when asked

And finally,

11. If they get pregnant, you can sell their children.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Keep in mind, Matt, that we aren't talking about YOUR house. We are talking about our SAASS happy hours. I agree...what you do in your house is completely your business.

The pet issue might not be a big deal to most of us. I agree that football is probably a much bigger reason.

The only reason that I mentioned the pet issue is that I've had a couple of people mention it to me as a recent happy hour deterrent.

Keep in mind, Matt, that we aren't talking about YOUR house. We are talking about our SAASS happy hours. I agree...what you do in your house is completely your business.

The pet issue might not be a big deal to most of us. I agree that football is probably a much bigger reason.

The only reason that I mentioned the pet issue is that I've had a couple of people mention it to me as a recent happy hour deterrent.

as I said before,
...We would probably be rotating it for next month anyway, moving indoors out of November weather. And the idea is to have a rotating location to keep it interesting and hopefully more accessable to more people....

We have only done the dog thing once, now about to be twice because no one else bothered to speak up or show to vote different, let's see some other venue suggestions and maybe a few show to vote. Once again...
...But if no one shows besides Mack & I, who knows where it could end up...

Matt,

I'll reiterate what I said in my PM reply to you.

I have no issues with dogs at the happy hours. I am only repeating the concerns that I have heard voiced recently by others.

:)

Chris and I can't make it to SASS this time. We have to go visit parents. Catch you all in November.
Melissa

I'm out for this month - I'll be in Germany. See you in Novemeber unless I'm in Singapore - which looks to be a strong possibility.

Dang, I was hoping the hear more of your Lake George and Long Island dive tales. Have a good trip and hope to see you next time around. Any suggestions for next locale?

Nice night under the oaks at Freddies, Rocket, Rich, and I hung out and chatted over some appetizers and enjoyed the live music. In the lack of other suggestions about where to have it, Rich and I decided to move it back to a previous location that was fairly well attended, at Austin Pizza Gardens, just down the street from Macks shop. Other locations discussed were Tilted Kilt as a North location, and perhaps doing County Line on the Lake again, but decided to keep it south for now.

I will post the nov ssass thread and poll later, right now Rocket and I out the door headed for the park.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom