October SASS

Freddies Place Oct. 13th 7:30 pm

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mack Diver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
The October SASS event will be held Saturday, October 13th, at Freddie's Place on South First St. Good food and drinks, a nice outdoor area and a bunch of friendly, fun loving swampers. Make your plans now to join us.

Mod, if you would be so kind as to start the poll please.

I'm sure that Rocket will be very pleased with the venue choice!

He certainly had a good time last Saturday. He loves attention and got plenty of it.

I'm hoping next SSASS is an out of town game so more of our die hard UT fans able to show. Second saturday in oct. should make for a nice evening under the live oaks.

Less than a week to go. Looks like hemlon and parrothead are out this time, so far only Mack and I (plus Rocket, of course) have commited to being there. Good food, live music, big screen sports, all on an outdoor patio under the oaks, could be worse things to do on a Saturday night. Looking forward to seeing those who make it, we'll miss those who don't.

Matt,

Perhaps the November happy hour could be at a location that is pet-free?

Maybe some people are either allergic to pet dander or just don't enjoy sharing their meal/beer with pets.

Of course, I'm not sure that's the reason why our happy hour attendance has fallen so sharply, but it's possible.

Thoughts?

Matt,

Perhaps the November happy hour could be at a location that is pet-free?

Maybe some people are either allergic to pet dander or just don't enjoy sharing their meal/beer with pets.

Of course, I'm not sure that's the reason why our happy hour attendance has fallen so sharply, but it's possible.

Thoughts?

in a word FOOTBALL :rofl3:

Mostly what she said....
But also...
The decision to repeat at Freddies Place was as much about location, food, atmosphere, and Bill, Mack and I being unable(or maybe just too lazy) to come up with a better place than about having it at a dog place again.

We would probably be rotating it for next month anyway, moving indoors out of November weather. And the idea is to have a rotating location to keep it interesting and hopefully more accessable to more people. But if no one shows besides Mack & I, who knows where it could end up. You have to show to vote, although anyone can suggest a location for next one online to be considered for the meeting. Hopefully someone will still remember it after beers when we get around to voting...

As for how I feel about people who might have dog issues, note that this is posted at my house.:wink:

To All Non-Pet Owners Who Visit & Like to Complain About Our Pets:

1. They live here. You don't.
2. If you don't want their hair on your clothes, stay off the furniture. (That's why they call it "fur"niture.)
3. I like my pets a lot better than I like most people.
4. To you, it's an animal. To me, he/she is an adopted son/daughter who is short, hairy, walks on all fours and doesn't speak clearly.

Remember: In many ways, dogs and cats are better than kids because they:

1. Eat less
2. Don't ask for money all the time
3 Are easier to train
4. Normally come when called
5. Never ask to drive the car
6. Don't smoke or drink
7. Don't have to buy the latest fashions
8. Don't want to wear your clothes
9. Don't need a "gazillion" dollars for college.
10. Generally give kisses when asked

And finally,

11. If they get pregnant, you can sell their children.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Back
Top Bottom