October Not-Quite-So-MegaDive 2006 Oct. 27-29

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

better - there are specially made tall tables with middle bits that you can lean tanks on and hang wetsuits over!

BabyDuck:
better - there are specially made tall tables with middle bits that you can lean tanks on and hang wetsuits over!

Wonderful, should I bring my hangers too?

We also setup rope lines amongst the trees for people to hang on,... er hang their SUITS and gear on to dry.

What's this about waiting until AFTER the tent is setup to start the drinking? As soon as the truck's keys clear the ignition, the bottle is OPEN for business!!!!!

Hmmm 18's to spare? I am bringing a 17 year old who's almost 18, and now that I'm 36, that gives me two definite 18's on hand.

Weasels? Who said anything about weasels? That's a baa'd rumor!

if only they meant 18 posts...

but it's really that big of a deal at all to be required to dive with someone over 18. But more people die driving, so why can I drive in Ginnie before I can dive in Ginnie? What if I drove a car into the spring? Hm....

If you drove the car into the spring, you'd better be snorkeling out. :wink:

(You know, I don't recall needing a notarized signature when I got my license, but then again, the state has *far* more resources for defending against lawsuits.)

The Rabid Otter Brigade has developed cloaking technology!
They have been experimenting on Octopi in Salt Water and have been rumored to be cloaking alligators in fresh water. This video of their new stealth technology is absolutely terrifying! Can u magine a 15 foot alligator blending into the surroundings in this way? Make that a HUNGRY, AGGRESSIVE, possibly LOVESICK alligator during mating season who thinks those steel 120's look really good side by side? Oh yeah, in a LOW VIZ environment?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2434322413373051883&q=genre%3Acomedy&hl=en

:11:

What's the latest on the cleanup dive, and what about weather concerns? Weather.com shows AM Thunderstorms for G'ville as well as High Springs. Is there a possibility we pay for the day in plans to get reimbursement, they cancel the cleanup, and we don't get our 2 free days? This applies to me since I will be coming for the cleanup and leaving shortly after, so if no cleanup, then I will accede to family demands and stay with them for the whole day. I have my dive stuff packed and ready to load in the car (gotta have priorities! :D ) but I have to go pack the rest since I will be coming home from work just long enought to throw everyone and our stuff into the car and bolt.

It's still on!
Did I mention HOLY SCHNIKEYS on the cloak video? I am still stunned that this is a NATURAL ability! If the military had this as stealth technology?

screw the military, if divers had this ability! And could cloak their bubbles too....imagine the havoc you could play on drunk tubers!

As long as I can dive, I don't care about topside weather :) A tornado would just deposit more cool stuff to "find" underwater. Oh look, a car! A tree! A Person! A cow! ?? wait...dude, cool, a cow! Underwater!

I watched that video atleast 15 times. If you knew to look, you can jsut barely make it out, but man.....in hi def, I'd love to see it. Or eally, I'd love to see it in hi def. That'd be so sweet!!!

LindaBluedolphin:
Ms. BabyDuck you could have fun in the middle of a mirage swamp in the Sahara Desert I know you will have a blast at the NCAD thing.

Okay now for a stupid question. I am going to think really positive that there will be lots and lots of diving. Are there low hanging tree branches about where I can hang my gear to dry between dives or when I am done diving?

If my cold continues to recede , I will be in the water A LOT !!!!
But that's just me....
I don't do the rum thang so ...
And I will be hanging around for the social on Friday night unless I get too tired...Long day here in Maryland for me.

Da Bean

P.S. Yes , use the stands for your wet stuff...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom