October Not-Quite-So-MegaDive 2006 Oct. 27-29

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No David , you ARE the cream of the crop...
Now there are some of us that are just the scraping off of the bottom of the can ... :confused:

Er , this Next weekend diving thang ... Let me know !!!!

Da Beano (left over in the bottom of the can)

I am really interested in joining in on this one. I am hoping to have my son certified by that time. If not, I think he would still like the camping trip. Is the weekend of Oct 28th the agreed upon date?

Yes, it appears that the weekend of the 28th of October is it. Some of the early birds usually show up on Friday, but this is by no means required, we have some that pop in for Saturday only as well. Sunday is usually a light day, as many people leave Sunday morning for the drive back home.

Your son should not be too terribly bored, especially if he likes swimming. If you have never been to Ginnie Springs before, there are a total of 7 springs in the park, 4 of them within walking distance of each other. There are usually enough nondivers along so that finding someone to keep an eye on the kids is not difficult. My 11 year old son has a lot of fun every time.

I was at Ginnie Springs once the week after Christmas last year for only one day. I tried to dive with a cold and found myself with a reverse block on my first dive :shakehead . It definitely taught me a lesson. Even though I couldn't dive the rest of the time, I really enjoyed the park. I am really looking forward to going again and actually getting to camp out. The old tent in the attic hasn't seen daylight in a while. I think my son will enjoy it. He really loves Alexander springs. The only problem he will have with camping out for the whole weekend is the tent won't have a place to plug in the Xbox :xeye: .

Anyway, I plan on taking that Friday off so I can be up there with the early birds. I'll check their website for camping details.

scubafool:
There might be an issue with reserving the particular area of the park that I have been thinking of unless we have 30 or more definite attendees, as their rules require that many to reserve waterfront camping areas. Maybe I can work it out next weekend though.
So far i count a minimum of 19, although the 60% rule might come into effect as often in these events.... of course we havent heard from all the usual repeat customers yet like Jenny and many of the rest of the SE FL folks.

How come they have this minimum now, or if they have had it for a while, how did we get around it before at Turkey Roost this spring? IIRC we had mid-20's i would say camping in that area.

Not sure if we can make it but I am putting in for the time off now anyway...

Mardie

scubafool:
Grass skirts are STRICTLY prohibited. Vehicles will be searched.
Grass skirt is OBLIGATORY!!!!!

And anyway even if you bann grass skirts there are still laps left, right???

Buuuu... and all this without me...buuuuuu
:(

Mania

What kind of pricing are we talking for the 3 day event? Camp site, diving fees, entry, etc.? I've never been to Ginnie but I may consider going up, this sounds like fun.

vr24:
What kind of pricing are we talking for the 3 day event? Camp site, diving fees, entry, etc.? I've never been to Ginnie but I may consider going up, this sounds like fun.

Camp fees per night are $16 per night per person, and dive fees are $27 per day per diver. Entry is included with either of the above. Kids up to age 14 are $6 per night.

http://www.ginniespringsoutdoors.com/admission.html

Sea Dragon:
Not sure if we can make it but I am putting in for the time off now anyway...

It would be great if you and Matt could make it again. Tell Matt to bring the sheep catapult, LOL.

mania:
And anyway even if you bann grass skirts there are still laps left, right???

Buuuu... and all this without me...buuuuuu

You are determined to get me in trouble, aren't you? Miss you, girl.

I'll say tentatively I will try to make it. There will be 3 of us total. I'll be more certain one way or the other as the date closes in.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom