October in Belize - Weather, Dive Spots, Recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaKay

Registered
Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm thinking about going on a dive trip in October to Belize. About 4 of us. Relatively new divers (30 logged).

1. Weather: Does anyone know what the weather is like that time of year? Is it still rainy and windy from the tail-end of hurricane season?

2. Where are the best places to go for diving? Caye Caulker, Ambergis, Placencia, etc???

3. Any recommendations for accomodations & great dive ops?

4. Other side-trip recommendations (i.e. ruins, tubing, etc)?

Thank you!

Belize in October should give you fairly mild weather. Closer to the end of the month should give you a better chance of clear skies.

The best places to dive are from a liveaboard. It depends on what you're looking for. Ambergris is probably the best land based island as far as close good dive sites.

We stayed at Aquamarina Suites on Ambergris. It's close to a lot of restaurants and shops. It has small kitchens. It has great views. We dove with AquaDive. It was a package deal between the Suites and the dive op. You're not stuck to it, though. You can book rooms and diving separate. We haven't dove with them, but we've heard good things about Protech, as well. I think, pretty much, no matter who you dive with on Ambergris, you're going to get very similar service.

If you want to do any side trips, then set aside a few days for it. All of that stuff is on the mainland and you'll have to arrange for travel there. We heard good things about the tubing. For the ruins, we've heard a few hours is just not enough to spend on them and get a true appreciation. Between the two, I'd do the tubing if you only have one day, but it's going to run you close to $150/person. The ruins will run you over $200/person. When we go back, we're just going to schedule a few days to spend mainland and hit the ruins.

I hope this helps, and enjoy your trip!

Amazing diving there...My Mom and I both got certified OW and AOW there!!

A little rainy, but not as bad--I'd be more worried about the visibility from the surf...just a personal perspective

Best spots depend...for proximity to the reef, Ambergis is def. the way to go...We dove from Placenica one yr, but its an hr out, and it can get rough... also, the accomodations are much more primative and removed...HIGH, HIGH rate of AIDS in Placencia! (FYI)

We've always dove with Alonzo Flota from "Under Da Sea" diving, AquaDives are good...They usuallly run good dives all along there! Alonzo is amazing...really great dives, great people, whole whole 9 yards! He's south of Ambergis, and really good!

We stay at White Sands Cove, a little expensive, but really nice

Ruins are good--we've done a bunch--Caracol is one that they've recently discovered which may actually be larger than Tikal and may have actually conquered it...Adventurous ride but fun!

If you think of anything else, PM me:)

ScubaKay:
Hi there,

I'm thinking about going on a dive trip in October to Belize. About 4 of us. Relatively new divers (30 logged).

1. Weather: Does anyone know what the weather is like that time of year? Is it still rainy and windy from the tail-end of hurricane season?

2. Where are the best places to go for diving? Caye Caulker, Ambergis, Placencia, etc???

3. Any recommendations for accomodations & great dive ops?

4. Other side-trip recommendations (i.e. ruins, tubing, etc)?

Thank you!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom