Oct/Nov good time for the Keys?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Splint

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,
I will be making my first trip to America around mid October to mid November later this year. What sort of conditions should I expect for diving in the Florida Keys around that time of the year. Is there a college break around that time which might make accomodation hard to get? Anything else I should know?

Cheers
Splint

Hey Splint....Oct/Nov are excellent times of the year to come dive the Keys. The water is still warm and you can get good accomodations too. You might want to check out Dive Capital website, it has a lot of information about weather and dive sites. Also it contains the members of the Upper Keys Association of Dive and Snorkel operators who can help you plan your vacation.

If you have anymore questions please let me know.

Good Diving,

I luv October in the Keys

it is one of the best times IMO, as stated above, the water is still warm, everything is less crowded and prices for lodging are reasonable...the only dates I would avoid are the week preceding Halloween due to Fantasy Fest and the week before Thanksgiving which has a NASCAR Race in Homestead which tends to overflow into the Keys...both of these weeks will bring crowds in and prices up....otherwise, have a great time...the diving should be superb!

Capt Gary:
Hey Splint....Oct/Nov are excellent times of the year to come dive the Keys. The water is still warm and you can get good accomodations too. You might want to check out Dive Capital website, it has a lot of information about weather and dive sites. Also it contains the members of the Upper Keys Association of Dive and Snorkel operators who can help you plan your vacation.

If you have anymore questions please let me know.

Good Diving,

I think this is the correct link
http://www.divecapital.org/

Well first off...Welcome to America!

There really is NO bad time to dive the Keys. The water by most standards is always warm. If diving is mostly what you seek upper keys are great! Since it's your first time here, You are required by law to go to Key West and have a drink at Mallory Square for the sunset party!!! The girls (divers or not) love the shopping. It isn't so bad because theres a bar on every corner!!

On the drive down you'll notice it goes Boat dealer, Dive shop, Dive op, Restaurant the whole way down!!! It's just beautiful.

Have fun!!! Marc

Matteo:
I think this is the correct link
http://www.divecapital.org/

Man at least I'm consistant. Posted the same link twice. That Invade the Keys weekend really tired me out. Thanks for correcting this. I'll go back and edit the posting to correct.

Good Diving,

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom