Oct. 21-22 Dive Trip - slots open

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hehe i like this image

Hughie_Top.jpg

ishbaby:
for a canon a710 or a640 with the uw housing and 2gb sd card, that should be around. . . . . US$560

Hey Ish,

I've been lusting after that very camera as well. They have the A710is now. I was considering the ikelite case but I found that the after market lense makers are now making adapters for the canon uw case so that makes the add-on lenses cheaper.

Did Mike recommend this camera for a starter? I have an S400 right now which is 4mp and would really like to get a lot closer to the small stuff. I don't think I'll have that much luck without a strobe though.

:eyebrow: hmmn...

jbb:
Did Mike recommend this camera for a starter?

jbb:
Hey Ish,

I've been lusting after that very camera as well. They have the A710is now. I was considering the ikelite case but I found that the after market lense makers are now making adapters for the canon uw case so that makes the add-on lenses cheaper.

Did Mike recommend this camera for a starter? I have an S400 right now which is 4mp and would really like to get a lot closer to the small stuff. I don't think I'll have that much luck without a strobe though.

you could always push internal strobe to the limit, i don't have strobes either :D

jonix:
you could always push internal strobe to the limit, i don't have strobes either :D

Do you have the canon UW case? I was looking at the canon case with an adapter for using Inon macro lenses and it looked like it got pretty expensive. I think it would be cheaper to go with the Ikelite case for that camera, that way the Inon lenses can just screw right on. I use the flash on my S400 (4 mp) all the time because the close up photos just don't pop unless you do.

How is battery life for your camera? Did you get some rechargable batteries?

I'm kind of reluctant to spend all this money on a camera that will only be current for a year maybe. It wouldn't be so bad with a SLR because if you stay with the same line you can still use the lenses. Of course you MUST get a strobe at that point and then the whole thing is the same price as buying a car.:(

Oh, the delemas. Why did I get into scuba diving for......? Oh ya, thought I might meet some chicks.:D

Later

jbb:
Do you have the canon UW case? I was looking at the canon case with an adapter for using Inon macro lenses and it looked like it got pretty expensive. I think it would be cheaper to go with the Ikelite case for that camera, that way the Inon lenses can just screw right on. I use the flash on my S400 (4 mp) all the time because the close up photos just don't pop unless you do.

How is battery life for your camera? Did you get some rechargable batteries?

I'm kind of reluctant to spend all this money on a camera that will only be current for a year maybe. It wouldn't be so bad with a SLR because if you stay with the same line you can still use the lenses. Of course you MUST get a strobe at that point and then the whole thing is the same price as buying a car.:(

Oh, the delemas. Why did I get into scuba diving for......? Oh ya, thought I might meet some chicks.:D

Later

yup i have the canon case. same one as caloy's. i don't know about ikelite cases...maybe its more economical for you to go that way though.

as for your other dilemas...maybe be president & be corrupt :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom