Oceans The Movie

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cdiver2

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have just returned from watching the movie Oceans, verdict.

Rather slow in the beginning, narration so so, a lot of life shown but not identified this would be no problem for most divers but would leave a lot of people wondering.

However the movie doe's picks up its pace and there is some spectacular footage, I would recommend going to see it.

There has been a few post on "OCEAN", and strange that the review are not more picking up on the outstanding side.

It is true a lot 'has already been seen" on NG, or others channels. However, tehre are lots of new things in this movie, especially the way the images have been taken.
No one has seen a divers next to a GWS, the blue whales from the top shots are amazing. Same for the camera swimming full speed in the middle of dolphin.
Also the planning (2+ years of preparation, 4 years of shooting) shows how much has been investing in this movie.

I think few people realize what is really amazing with this. Unfortunate. To be honest, I really like the film much more after buying and reading the book.

Final comment: I'm pretty sure Disney has done a little bit of filtering and has cut a few scene from the original (shark/dolphin killing).

But overall, i do believe it is a movie a diver should see !

There has been a few post on "OCEAN", and strange that the review are not more picking up on the outstanding side.

It is true a lot 'has already been seen" on NG, or others channels. However, tehre are lots of new things in this movie, especially the way the images have been taken.
No one has seen a divers next to a GWS, the blue whales from the top shots are amazing. Same for the camera swimming full speed in the middle of dolphin.
Also the planning (2+ years of preparation, 4 years of shooting) shows how much has been investing in this movie.

I think few people realize what is really amazing with this. Unfortunate. To be honest, I really like the film much more after buying and reading the book.

Final comment: I'm pretty sure Disney has done a little bit of filtering and has cut a few scene from the original (shark/dolphin killing).

But overall, i do believe it is a movie a diver should see !

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom