Dear shearwater, please lower the security posture of shearwater cloud

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bassplayer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
ok its not a huge deal, i use a password manager so just a few clicks each time. but the frequency that shearwater cloud on my laptop or phone demand the password to be re-entered is ridiculous!

cmon friends, this isn't a financial application or a repo for corporate secrets, please just remember my password forever.

ok its not a huge deal, i use a password manager so just a few clicks each time. but the frequency that shearwater cloud on my laptop or phone demand the password to be re-entered is ridiculous!

cmon friends, this isn't a financial application or a repo for corporate secrets, please just remember my password forever.
Odd, I haven't had to enter my PW for the shearwater cloud in ages (iPhone app and Mac Desktop).

That said, I find some aspects of the Shearwater apps really annoying and poorly programmed (UI), but I use them for redundancy with Subsurface. YMMV.

They don't. There's normally a browser cookie with an expiration date; it can be set "too short" by the server, but it can also be deleted during browser update, by a cookie manager add-on if you use one, or some other "extra secure" setting like "clear cookies on exit".

They don't. There's normally a browser cookie with an expiration date; it can be set "too short" by the server, but it can also be deleted during browser update, by a cookie manager add-on if you use one, or some other "extra secure" setting like "clear cookies on exit".
i'm using the desktop app for mac and the iphone app, not sure how either would interact with browser settings but im willing to dig a bit

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom