Oceanic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll concur with what everyone has said about the quality of Oceanic equipment. My wife, daughter, son, and I all dive Oceanic equipment and are well pleased with it. I like the support given by the company on their equipment.

Ron Shephard

Oceanic Delta Titanium Reg wOceanic Swivel Octo, 2 Versa Pro Computers, Oceanic Shadow mask....all excellent stuff. You won't be disappointed with the gear or the support.

Thomjinx

I have several pieces of Oceanic hardware, all function quite well.
Be aware that the comany lawyers have restricted sale of spare parts ONLY to to "repair centers" and prohibit sale to the consumer. I have a great number of regs, and have been doing maintenance on them ofr 30 years. If I can't get service parts then any new regs I get will have a different brand on them.

This is a minor issue ofr a new diver, but if you don't have repair parts WITH YOU on a remote trip even if you can find a repair tech he can't help you and you have wasted a BUNCH of travel $s

FT

FredT:
I have several pieces of Oceanic hardware, all function quite well.
Be aware that the comany lawyers have restricted sale of spare parts ONLY to to "repair centers" and prohibit sale to the consumer. I have a great number of regs, and have been doing maintenance on them ofr 30 years. If I can't get service parts then any new regs I get will have a different brand on them.

This is a minor issue ofr a new diver, but if you don't have repair parts WITH YOU on a remote trip even if you can find a repair tech he can't help you and you have wasted a BUNCH of travel $s

FT

You make it sound like only Oceanic does this, virtually ALL the majors do (Dive Rite an exception).

I have oceanic regs- delta3, GT3, Alpha7. veo 200 computer. probe bc even though I'm in a DSS BPW now for my fun dives and transitioning to tech. I still use the probe for ow classes. support is great and since I work for a shop and am going to be taking the service course if I do go on a remote location I'll take a kit or two with me. But any other service (for others) will be done thru the shop. I would use their other gear except none of their masks fits me as well as the one I have now and they have yet to come out with a fin that performs(back kicks,frog,modified frog), IMO, as well as my old usdivers blades for my kick styles or the new rockets and super rockets I use when diving with my BPW set up. I love their pocket snorkel though since I can just unclip it and put it away when not on the surface.

Oceanic are like most other manufacturers. Make some good stuff but some horrible stuff.

Best thing to do is NOT concentrate on buying a particular brands products, instead look at individual products from lots of makers before buying.

cerich:
You make it sound like only Oceanic does this, virtually ALL the majors do (Dive Rite an exception).

Not until AFTER I'd bought the Oceanic, specifically because the parts were available. If parts are not available, I'll by some other manufacturer's gear. The early Oceanic Delta reg was a near clone of the Kirby-Morgan commercial gear in lighter cases, such that commercial internal parts fit. This is no longer the case.

The "MAJORS" need to be aware that this policy is going to cost them sales, and take appropriate actions to remedy the situation and make parts generally available again.

FT

FredT:
Not until AFTER I'd bought the Oceanic, specifically because the parts were available. If parts are not available, I'll by some other manufacturer's gear. The early Oceanic Delta reg was a near clone of the Kirby-Morgan commercial gear in lighter cases, such that commercial internal parts fit. This is no longer the case.

The "MAJORS" need to be aware that this policy is going to cost them sales, and take appropriate actions to remedy the situation and make parts generally available again.

FT

Any diver should be able to buy parts. Any auto driver can buy oil filters, brake pads, etc. The whole "we only sell parts to authorized dealers" is something that will, in due time, go away. Many individual divers are IMHO way more qualified to take care of their own dive equipment than someone who has attended one "Repair seminar" at some trade show.

I dive with an Oceanic Pro Plus 2 computer, TDX 5 reg, and Chute 3 BC. Oceanic is a quality company with quality products. That's not to say they're better than others (or worse). There are several companies that make great equipment. It's best to compare equipment and buy what you're most comfortable with, but don't think you went wrong with purchasing Oceanic equipment.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom