Oceanic VT3 -- EL2 display

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DivingDoc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I was recently diving in Little Cayman and after the 2nd day of diving, my dive computer was reading "Wet/EL2" before the dive instead of the usual "Wet/Sea". I looked at the manual and couldn't find any way to change this. I was most certainly at sea level before each dive and I turned the conservative option off in case that was causing it, but no change.

I did 14 more dives in the next 5 days and it kept reading that way, but didn't seem to display any unusual alarms or limit my diving. Any ideas?:confused:

We've had two VT3 computers do exactly the same thing. They were both sent back to Oceanic and replaced with new computers. Our new computers aren't having the same problem....we keep thinking it was a bad batch since we had purchased our original computers at the same time (though they malfunctioned 6 months apart).

Send it back for a replacement.

I had the exact same problem 2 weeks ago in Roatan with my wife's VT3. Luckily we took an old Pro Plus 2 along just in case. It was under warranty and I sent it back and received a new one right away. Hers even started registering EL2 while she was underwater.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom