Oceanic Spinner Knife

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have found the perfect fix for putting a knife on the oceanic probe where the 2 holes made for the spinner knife are. email me at ryanjmorales@gmail.com for detailed pictures. i can use any knife now and I did not have to make any modifications or holes to the jacket.

Can you post them for the rest of us?

Hi guys,

Working in a dive shop for so long the story usually goes, sell a knife on Friday and have an unhappy customer on Sunday. Of course they went diving on Saturday and lost the knife due to a poor retention system. It has made me become quite fond of the Squeeze Lock knife, it has a rock solid retention system and out of the box has 3 ways to mount to your BC. Check it out here. Not exactly sure which mount is the best for a Oceanic BC, but I’m sure that it will go on.

Brett,
I actually called your shop and they tried to fit the knife to the Oceanic BC, but the holes (grommets) did not line up. They were actually good to have taken the time to check for the fit. So it looks like the spinner is the only fit.
I will though check with MrRyan and see what type of fix he has.
For info. I ended up purchasing the spinner from LP at a great price. Leisure Pro comes through again in a tight bind!!

Brett,
I actually called your shop and they tried to fit the knife to the Oceanic BC, but the holes (grommets) did not line up. They were actually good to have taken the time to check for the fit. So it looks like the spinner is the only fit.
I will though check with MrRyan and see what type of fix he has.
For info. I ended up purchasing the spinner from LP at a great price. Leisure Pro comes through again in a tight bind!!

I checked out the Squeeze Lock earlier today on some Oceanic BC's and the knife will not fit on the grommets, but it will fit pretty nicely on the shoulder strap webbing or on the LP inflator hose. Just another option, too bad the spinner doesn't have locking system.

If you are worried, girth hitch (Loop) a small loop of shock cord through the hole in the knife. Then tie/tension the loop so that it can be slipped over the sheath with a small bit of tension to hold it in. A good back up, and easy to remove...

I have never been able to get the spinner knife to stay on - my problem was that the small screws kept stripping out of the holes in the sheath. It's a nice knife which lines up with the grommets on my Probe BC, but I just keep it in my pocket since I had it fall off on a dive once due to the screws stripping out..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom