Oceanic Slimline

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SCUBADIVINERIK

Contributor
Reaction score
Fayetteville North Carolina...Home sweat home.
I have a question for ya'll,
I just got a new oceanic slimline octo. I have done two dives with this reg so that my buddy and I could practice using it. Neither of us has used a slim line reg before and we both found that it breaths wet. That was the reaction we both had on the surface. I was wondering is this a common assessment of this style of octo or is it something I need to have the LDS look at. Any Opinions?

Erik

My slimline is the inline version. Never noticed the wet part but it does breath very hard. Took it off and went to a different setup last time i dove, got tired of having to crank my head to the left to breath.

Brian

Is that the set up were the reg is a part of the BC Inflator? I dove one of those awhile ago and didnt care for it either. It was borrowed from a friend who loves this set up. My slim Line is seperate.
This reg breaths easy enough and the mist didnt really bother me, although it was noticable. My buddy didnt care for it though. Im just wondering if this is isolated or if it is design and others have expierenced i

SCUBADIVINERIK:
I have a question for ya'll,
I just got a new oceanic slimline octo. I have done two dives with this reg so that my buddy and I could practice using it. Neither of us has used a slim line reg before and we both found that it breaths wet. That was the reaction we both had on the surface. I was wondering is this a common assessment of this style of octo or is it something I need to have the LDS look at. Any Opinions?

Erik
I have this octo and I have not noticed it breathing wet. It is harder to breathe than my main regulator but then I adjust that one with the user adjustment dial to breathe as easy as possible.

One of the primative designs of the low profile octo. Not very good breather. None the less it should not be wet.

I bought the slime line. Used it for a few dives. It didn't breathe wet, but it breathes like ****. I switched it for a real second stage.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom