Oceanic Pro Plus 2 Battery Leak

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is the JB Weld Epoxy we've used

Attachments

• JBL Weld plastic to metal.jpg
    JBL Weld plastic to metal.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 31
This is the JB Weld Epoxy we've used

This is the stuff I use to connect diecast (zinc) metal parts, as well as plastic parts (and sometimes to each other) when I am building my custom models.

1675198084273.jpeg

I’m not familiar enough with the differences between this product and what you are showing.

If you are of the opinion that what you are showing is superior, then I will acquire some and use it instead.

Thanks for the continuing interest.

@ibj40,

As I said in an earlier post, I'm not an expert in epoxy gluing properties. Since you already have one JB Weld product recommended for metal&plastic, I would stick would that. Good luck.

For those of you who are keeping score, JB Weld application occurred this afternoon at 2:30 US Central Time.

I plan to wait an entire 24 hours before re-installing the battery cover.

Stay Tuned!

For those of you who are keeping score, JB Weld application occurred this afternoon at 2:30 US Central Time.

I plan to wait an entire 24 hours before re-installing the battery cover.

Stay Tuned!

Crap!

I was overly cautious with applying the JB Weld, worried about getting it in the threads, and clearly didn’t put enough in.

Right side still holding strong from initial graphite/Superglue.

Next time I will put a little more JB Weld and also see if I can notch the sides of the holes.

😡

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom