Oceanic Octo advice: Alpha 8 or Swivel 180??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Again - the recall has absolutely NOTHING to do with the Swivel Octo -
Thanks Doug, I wanted to give Hinzer a chance to produce a recall notice, but his description of the failing part certainly doesn't match that of the swivel on the swivel 180 octo.

I have a 180 that i have bungeed around my neck. Love it. As far as the other swivel....I have one of those attached to my Atomic. No problems with it for 50 dives....But with a recall I guess I'm not going to trust it anymore. Time to figure out something else. Just hate having to buy a atomic swivel hose when all I need is the swivel and not the hose. Maybe I should just go with a 90 dergree fitting instead. Any suggestions??

Thanks for the update Doug. Seems to be some erroneous info out there regarding a recall.

I've had a lot of issues with our 180 swivel octo's.

During training I had a new one freeflow, and then a month later my wife's did the same thing.

This past weekend mine went on the fritz. Worst piece of equipment I've bought so far.

Do a "search" and you will find other posts with similiar experiences.

Back
Top Bottom