Oceanic HUD mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looks really cool. Wish i could afford it.

What about others seeing your gauge though? Aren't there times when it might be helpful (or safe) for your dive buddy to be able to see how much air you have left? Just thinking out loud here... maybe it's not a big deal.

Cayman Lover:
What about others seeing your gauge though? Aren't there times when it might be helpful (or safe) for your dive buddy to be able to see how much air you have left? Just thinking out loud here... maybe it's not a big deal.

That's actually been discussed from a different angle.

What might be smartest reguardless of the computer you carry would be carrying a completely seperate SPG and depth gauge. That way even if the computer fails, or if you lose your mask, you still have basic insturmentation to operate from.

The advantage I see, is in situations where I dive in zero vis. (such as the Ohio River), it would be great to know your depth and psi. If you have ever dove in mud, you know that you can't see your gauges even if they are pressed against your mask.

They way it works now, is you start with a full tank, the line tender uses a stop watch and lets you know when you have been down for whatever the aggreed upon time is.

Sounds a little crazy, but thats the way it works.

Seabear70:
...or if you lose your mask, you still have basic insturmentation to operate from.

How can you read a redundant computer (or anything for that matter) if you lost your HUD mask?

I can see that it might be helpful to have a back-up if it broke down though. But then you are arguing for redundant computers in general. How many people here actually carry a redundant computer? Not many I was imagine.

Maybe the heads-up-display may not be such a bad idea... even if your buddy can't read it.

Cayman Lover:
How many people here actually carry a redundant computer? Not many I was imagine.
Serious divers always carry redundant computers, sometimes even three. In technical diving, it's mandatory.

I like the Oceanic HUD mask. The only problem is, obtaining one. My LDS can't even order one for me.
-Andrew

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom