Oceanic Geo /Veo as 1st computer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anyone know if you can remove the Aeris A300 from the strap that it is sold in and then inserted in a standard puck slot?

Anyone know if you can remove the Aeris A300 from the strap that it is sold in and then inserted in a standard puck slot?

Maybe, this was the A300 XT. The boot needs to be able to deal with the button on the side. The Oceanic Veo 3 comes in a double or triple console, maybe you could get a console from Oceanic
upload_2016-12-10_12-37-1.png

upload_2016-12-10_12-39-19.png

upload_2016-12-10_12-47-21.png

upload_2016-12-10_12-48-38.png

The A300 with a strap has wrist watch style arms that project off the housing and a spring pin similar to watch band. This is the same configuration as a VEO 3.O with wrist strap. It will not fit a puck mount without modification. I have modified a VEO 3.0 to fit a DSS VEO bungee mount by cutting off the arms. To fit a standard puck console, a hole would have to cut in the RH side for the select button. It would also need a hole on the LH side if you need the attach a data cable. The VEO 3.0 and A300 have the same physical housings and button configuration and use the same screen protector.

I wonder if the main 'puck' of the wrist A300 could be cut out of it's housing? It looks like a puck glued into the frame of the watch - if anyone has a dead one they are willing to experiment on :)

I think the VEO 3 & A300, use the same cable too. Probably the same under the hood, but different display layout

The A300 with a strap has wrist watch style arms that project off the housing and a spring pin similar to watch band. This is the same configuration as a VEO 3.O with wrist strap. It will not fit a puck mount without modification. I have modified a VEO 3.0 to fit a DSS VEO bungee mount by cutting off the arms. To fit a standard puck console, a hole would have to cut in the RH side for the select button. It would also need a hole on the LH side if you need the attach a data cable. The VEO 3.0 and A300 have the same physical housings and button configuration and use the same screen protector.

Last edited:
I wonder if the main 'puck' of the wrist A300 could be cut out of it's housing? It looks like a puck glued into the frame of the watch - if anyone has a dead one they are willing to experiment on :)

I think the VEO 3 & A300, use the same cable too. Probably the same under the hood, but different display layout
The outer boot on thr A300 & VEO 3.0 is a 'facia' piece for cosmetics and just peels off. I have verified that both use the same cable.
20161212_072838.jpg
20161212_072915.jpg

Back to OP. I'd recommend the geo2 for your particular situation. It does all the functions you'll need. We you get to your destination the geo2 looks reasonable enough like a watch that can wear it for the whole vacation.

Another positive review for the Geo - I've been using a 2.0 since they came out several years ago and it's been problem free. The 3 button navigation is very easy and I've never buy anything again that didn't have at least two. My wife has an old entry level Aeris with one button (essentially an old version of a Veo 1.0) and the one button navigation is rather annoying. We'll mist likely be replacing it with a Veo 2.0 (she likes the console pucks) if it ever dies or the single button ever gets too annoying.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom