Oceanic FDX10 + Delta4, experiences please?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My wife and I are newbs, but even so we really love the Delta 4's.:D

Neither of us have noticed any whistle with the DVT.

Our instructor also dives a Delta 4, and gave it glowing reviews.

Don't worry about the whistle, I'm just having a little fun. :D

I'm glad to hear you guys are enjoying your Delta IVs. They are great regs!

I have about 30 dives on my FDX10/Delta IVs no problems so far. As far as water temps go, down to 55 degrees so far, diving at 42 degrees this weekend.

Does the whistle have something to do with the DVT? I have heard the FDX-10 whistle mentioned before. Just wondering, because my non-DVT CDX-5 does not whistle.

From what I can gather the first production had a design flaw and the problem was a combo of the DVT and the air flow through the 1st stage. They modified the 1st stage and supposedly this problem doesn't occur any more.

I really hope it doesn't anyway because I have just bought an FDX-10/Delta 4 and am just waiting for my Suunto transmitter to come into stock before they give it to me.

-Andy

Ive been using Delta 4/FDX10's for about 200+ dives in warm water now and ive found them to be very good.

Mine did whistle for about the first 10 dives I used them, interestingly only at about 20+ meters when the tank hits about 100 bar, however now its just stopped.

The only other problem ive found is the adjustment knob just keeps turning when set to maximum resistance and makes a clicking sound, i usually have mine set to minimum resistance so it doesnt affect me really...

The regs breath great all the way down to 40 meters (ive not been deeper yet)

Im hoping to use them to use for tech diving when i finally get around to doing the course!

The clicking sound is normal,just to let you know your reg.is fully open.

Holy moly, this is one of my really old threads.. I actually have to have the thing fully closed. I'm considering getting an X-Ray to see if there's a Turbo Charger lodged somewhere because I breath so much :)

-Andy

I have the Delta IV with FDX10 and love it. Had only a minor problem and it was taken care of quickly by Oceanic Support. The reg breathes well in all positions and coldest water been in with it had been 60 degrees so far. I know that this reg was selected as the Navy's cold water reg so that is good enough for me. I also have ION mask that was for backup but ended up using it as my priimary mask. Also own a GEO dive computer also and no problems. I have The EXCURSION BCD and love the back inflation. It has plenty of D rings for attaching gear.

I have the Delta IV with FDX10 and love it. Had only a minor problem and it was taken care of quickly by Oceanic Support. The reg breathes well in all positions and coldest water been in with it had been 60 degrees so far. I know that this reg was selected as the Navy's cold water reg so that is good enough for me. I also have ION mask that was for backup but ended up using it as my priimary mask. Also own a GEO dive computer also and no problems. I have The EXCURSION BCD and love the back inflation. It has plenty of D rings for attaching gear.

You forgot to say that you have two Geo's since I left mine in your truck. LOL I really like the swivel that is on the Delta 4 it makes it more comfortable than my GT3.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom