Oceanic FDX10 + Delta4, experiences please?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KOMPRESSOR

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I've just added Oceanic regs to our stock. That is the FDX10 + Delta4, no more - no less. Could anyone share their opinion on these regs please? It comes as a supplement to the full Apeks and full Poseidon range, and prices are competitive (I think...). But Oceanic isn't yet a big brand over here. And I've heard you guys in the US use it a lot. Maybe even some Brits have them too?

I really like the rugged 2.stage. Looks like it can take on a war! :D
-Found a great(?) frameless mask in the box as well. Anybody use it?

Your experiences and opinions are greatly appreciated, thank you!

Attachments

• 40-736x-23.jpg
    40-736x-23.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 44
  • DSC00354.jpg
    DSC00354.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 53
  • DSC00355.jpg
    DSC00355.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 50
  • DSC00361.jpg
    DSC00361.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 45
  • 05.4000.xx.jpg
    05.4000.xx.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 31
I have 3 Delta IV/FDX-10s. I LOVE them. I converted one of my FDX-10s to DIN the other day, the other 2 are yokes.

They hold up incredibly well, they breathe incredibly, and Oceanic customer service is fantastic!

I haven't used their masks, but I've had several students using them and they all seem to like them. Especially the newer masks with the nylon webbing band and built-in slap strap.

I have 3 Delta IV/FDX-10s. I LOVE them. I converted one of my FDX-10s to DIN the other day, the other 2 are yokes.

They hold up incredibly well, they breathe incredibly, and Oceanic customer service is fantastic!

I haven't used their masks, but I've had several students using them and they all seem to like them. Especially the newer masks with the nylon webbing band and built-in slap strap.

Thanks Phil! Great start, ha ha! :D

I just have to say I'm a fan of keeping it simple when it comes to logistics. Therefore it has been mostly Apeks coming out of my store. Easy for me, easy for my customers. But now that we've started OWD-classes (35 students since May. It's a start...) I see that not every one is going to share my rather uncompromising vue on gear. So more in the shelves it is. -Even BCD-vests... I say no more! The console was a hard one to swallow though. But the customers will decide what happens to them in the future. I'm not going to use one anyways.

I get Oceanic and Seeman from the same supplier. They've opened up access to computers and stuff I've been to small to offer decent prices on before. -Seems like a happy marriage. Especially if their regs hold up! :14:

They've opened up access to computers and stuff I've been to small to offer decent prices on before. -Seems like a happy marriage. Especially if their regs hold up! :14:

Oceanic equipment does hold up very well. And any time you have a problem, Oceanic service is great to deal with. They rarely try to repair a piece of equipment. They verify the issue, then send out a replacement piece. Then they refurb the broken unit and it will go out to someone else down the line. They make it very quick and easy to get your equipment repaired.

I'm diving the Delta 4 + FDX10 and love it.
I am also on a Pro Plus2, and a Excursion BC, and the swivel 180 octo.

All have been great.

Oceanic has great service also.

My wife and I both have FDX10/Delta 4. We're warm water divers with not too much experience but we've probably done 20/25 dives on these. We've enjoyed them, particularly the swivel design. She has had an intermittant wistle in her first stage and we've had it back to the LDS twice now probably because the first time we hadn't isolated it to the first stage. Hopefully its now repaired so she's just hearing bubbles. Otherwise no issues. I like mine, she's probably not quite as happy with hers as I am.

My wife and I both have FDX10/Delta 4. We're warm water divers with not too much experience but we've probably done 20/25 dives on these. We've enjoyed them, particularly the swivel design. She has had an intermittant wistle in her first stage and we've had it back to the LDS twice now probably because the first time we hadn't isolated it to the first stage. Hopefully its now repaired so she's just hearing bubbles. Otherwise no issues. I like mine, she's probably not quite as happy with hers as I am.

The whistle doesn't go away.............. it'll be back............ :11:

The whistle doesn't go away.............. it'll be back............ :11:

Does the whistle have something to do with the DVT? I have heard the FDX-10 whistle mentioned before. Just wondering, because my non-DVT CDX-5 does not whistle.

My wife and I are newbs, but even so we really love the Delta 4's.:D

Neither of us have noticed any whistle with the DVT.

Our instructor also dives a Delta 4, and gave it glowing reviews.

Back
Top Bottom