Oceanic equipment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

grace:
yknot:
It's hard to advise you on gear choices without knowing where you are and what type of diving you will do, ex: fresh or salt water, colder that 50 deg. F, how deep? What are the promotional prices being offered? What other brands of gear does your LDS sell?

I will be doing salt water diving, warm tropical waters. Recreational diving. Depth range should be around 30-40m maximum. The promotional price offered was about US$450 for the reg (alpha7/sp4) + OceanPro BCD + 2 in 1 max depth gauge + alpha7 octo.

My LDS sells other brands such as ScubaPro, Mares, Dacor etc. Plenty of well known brands. However, I am on a bit of a budget and since this will be my first set of equipment, I didn't know if it would be wise to splurge on it. Was wondering if the Oceanic set they offered would be sufficient for a new diver.

Grace I started with the same set you described above. It is a very good bargain for new divers. It will suit the kind of diving you do. The advantage of this alpha 7/SP4 set is in it's maintenance cost and simplicity in service. "o" rings and the diaphram are generic size, easily available and will cost you cheaper in the long run to maintain and service. Of course there are better regs with better preformance but with it comes higher maintenance cost and price. If you are in the Singapore area, maintenance is not a problem. There is an authorized dealer in Concourse. If you are in the Kuala Lumpur area it is also not a problem. The Oceanic dealer has been in business for 20++ years. Cheers.

grace:
The 2 in 1 gauge is a pressure + depth (max/min) gauge. I think it's called MaxDepth Combo OceanGlo.

Hi there! Just a thought, now that you are planning to have your own diving equipment or already purchase by now, it would also be good to invest in a reasonably good dive bag to protect and store your equipment.

A brand that I came across that seems to have a wide range that may suit your diving style and application is called Ralf Tech. Check them out at www.ralftech.com.sg Enjoy!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom