Oceanic Datatrans Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiverDean59

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have an older Oceanic Datatrans computer with a wireless transmitter. The battery that the transmitter uses is a
TL-2150. The replacement battery for that is a 14250 which works fine for the actual dive computer. However that particular battery has a bigger terminal and does not seem to fit in the transmitter. Has anyone had these issues with this particular brand of dive computer transmitter? I know it is an older model but it still is working fine for me when I use the computer without the transmitter. I would just like to get away from having to have the extra gauges. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

There are lots of possible replacements for a TL-2150; see for example Tadiran TL-5902/S 1/2AA 1.2 Ah High Capacity 3.6V Lithium Battery - BatteriesAndButter.com.
Note that the battery for the transmitter goes in "upside down", that is, the spring on the battery cap goes against the flat, negative end of the battery. In the computer, the spring goes against the small, positive end of the battery.
Is the transmitter the original with the unit? the newer trasnmitters use a CR2, not a 1/2 AA format; the CR2 is about 1mm larger in diameter and 2mm longer than a 1/2 AA.

It is the original transmitter.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom