Oceanic DataPlus Dive Computer with Wrist Boot

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Cool

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
DSC07186.jpgDSC07187.jpg

I have my trusty dive computer up for sale. I am the second owner and I have used it in all my dives since 2005. It has a 3M protective film on its face to protect it from scratches since I owned it. The face is in excellent condition as far as I can tell and remember. It has around 195 dives on it since my ownership. I do not remember how many dives the original owner put in it. Since 2013, I have used it as a back-up computer. I just recently returned from a liveaboard trip and I can confirm that it is in perfect working condition.

It is always rinsed in fresh water after every dive and stored in a dry cool place.

The sale includes its rubber wrist boot, original owners manual, and a laminated quick guide card.

This computer is an excellent choice for beginner and experienced recreational divers who want a basic cost-effective and reliable dive computer.

Selling price is US$55 firm plus shipping. Buyer pays for shipping costs. Payment via Paypal only. I will take care of the Paypal fee. Shipping from Coquitlam, BC Canada. Please inquire about shipping rates.

Features:
Tissue Loading Bar Graph, Oxygen Accumulation Bar Graph
Variable ascent rate indicator
Air - Nitrox up to 50%
Dive planning mode
No Deco and Deco Dive Modes
Dive Log Mode (saves up to 12 dives)
Altitude Diving

Last edited:
A great computer at a very fair price. I have 4 or 5 of them and use one regularly. The N2 loading algorithm is the same as newer Oceanic computers which makes it fairly liberal (maximum bottom time) with a high resolution tissue loading bar graph which lets you get a bit more conservative if you would like. The O2 algorithm is just a bit more conservative than newer computers but not a problem even on a 5-day live-a-board on 32% with most dive in the 80 to 100 ft range.

A great computer at a very fair price. I have 4 or 5 of them and use one regularly. The N2 loading algorithm is the same as newer Oceanic computers which makes it fairly liberal (maximum bottom time) with a high resolution tissue loading bar graph which lets you get a bit more conservative if you would like. The O2 algorithm is just a bit more conservative than newer computers but not a problem even on a 5-day live-a-board on 32% with most dive in the 80 to 100 ft range.

Thx for your input! I love the Oceanic algorithm so much that I upgraded to an Oceanic VT4.1 two years ago. It is as you said. This computer (the DataPlus) has gone on 5 to 7 day liveaboard dives with me and it has done well whether on 32% Nitrox or Air. Anyway, I don't push the limits of my computer. If there is nothing good to see beyond 90 or 100 feet then I don't go that deep. Even if I did, I keep it short and tend to level off at a shallower depth.

I forgot to mention that it has a backlight feature that is useful during night dives or dives in areas that lack light.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom