Closed Oceanic DataMask with Transmitter $300 OBO

Sold or no longer available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thbcthomas

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Up for sale is an Oceanic Datamask and transmitter. Mask and transmitter were bought by the original in 2017 and only dove 4 times. I am asking $400 for both shipped in the US. Only includes mask, transmitter, and, zipper bag.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221217_141104_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20221217_141104_Facebook.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 62
The transmitter is worth much of your asking price
Especially the transmitter for the original mask. When mine died it was a big deal finding a transmitter that would work for it. I guess the transmission numbers of the new transmitters have more digits than the old ones? Something like that. The owner of our LDS made some calls and found one that would work for me. (Love our LDS - Y-Kiki Divers & Valerie Elliott in St Louis).

Especially the transmitter for the original mask. When mine died it was a big deal finding a transmitter that would work for it. I guess the transmission numbers of the new transmitters have more digits than the old ones? Something like that.
That’s interesting and definitely the first I’ve heard of it.

Side note, Y-Kiki is a solid shop.

I know there were fans on SB @Ana @Kimela disappointed when the mask went out of service.

The transmitter is worth much of your asking price
Very true... got a couple of used ones after Oceanic betrayed me. But I can't continue doing that to myself.

Those masks are worse than the bad boyfriend from high school... you fall in love hard and he leaves you after a few dates. Only took one boyfriend to learn the lesson in HS, but I kept falling for this mask.

Even with extreme care, I can't seem to get 200 dives out of them... after trying 3 is time to face my reality, it takes less than half a dive for me to love them. Then after they die, going back to computers (hose or wrist) is just sad, takes me close to a dozen dives missing the mask.

Very true... got a couple of used ones after Oceanic betrayed me. But I can't continue doing that to myself.

Those masks are worse than the bad boyfriend from high school... you fall in love hard and he leaves you after a few dates. Only took one boyfriend to learn the lesson in HS, but I kept falling for this mask.

Even with extreme care, I can't seem to get 200 dives out of them... after trying 3 is time to face my reality, it takes less than half a dive for me to love them. Then after they die, going back to computers (hose or wrist) is just sad, takes me close to a dozen dives missing the mask.
Yea, but this boyfriend, I mean mask is different. He is looking for a steady, stable, long term relationship. Sent you a dm.

• Funny
Reactions: Ana

What fails in the mask? Just the transmitter?

What fails in the mask? Just the transmitter?
For me it hasn't been the transmitter, is the computer itself in the mask.
It works great for many dives, over a hundred all 3 times, and then when you figure this one will be different... on a regular day you start checking the gear before getting underway and boom! the thing doesn't start. You change batteries, talk to it, and do everything you can think of, but there's only darkness.

This is my thread, feel free to discuss and converse.

Back
Top Bottom