Oceanic Datamask not very good, and Oceanic unresponsive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

crowny

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Well it's been a week now and no response. After 10 dives, my Datamask just stopped working, it's not the battery. I emailed Oceanic a week ago, no response back. They seem to pick and choose what problems they deal with. As a new diver, I am amazed at how little help or support there is from manufacturers. Anybody have a brand they like that is responsive, or at least reliable?

If you are thinking about buying a Datamask, don't waste your money. The LDS will put you in touch with Oceanic. Makes me feel ripped off with the amount i paid. guess they got one over on the newbie.

Perhaps you could post this in the Oceanic forum? :idk:

My wife and I each have DataMasks. I took them both back to the dealer (lds) where I bought them and had the battery covers replaced with the new upgraded covers from Oceanic. On the first dive my mask quit working and on the second dive my wife's mask quit. Took them back to the dealer and they discovered that the technician who changed the covers pinched the o-rings and the battery compartments on both masks had flooded. They replaced one mask and were able to clean and save the other. All free of charge and without question and in a very timely fashion.

Well it's been a week now and no response. After 10 dives, my Datamask just stopped working, it's not the battery. I emailed Oceanic a week ago, no response back. They seem to pick and choose what problems they deal with. As a new diver, I am amazed at how little help or support there is from manufacturers. Anybody have a brand they like that is responsive, or at least reliable?

If you are thinking about buying a Datamask, don't waste your money. The LDS will put you in touch with Oceanic. Makes me feel ripped off with the amount i paid. guess they got one over on the newbie.

Crowny, I was reading about another Oceanic problem, and the people were saying you HAVE to call the number in your manual; Oceanic does not respond to emails. Hope that helps.

My G/F and I both had our masks for over a year I have around 30ish dives with min she about 15-20 with hers no issues yet other than one transmitter needed to be replaced. We bought both used. However Oceanic Email Support SUCKS and is non existent. If you check through the threads here on SB you will see many many others with the same Issue. i sent them 2 emails couple months now still no response. Best thing to do is simply call them

Doesn't sound like your LDS is much into customer service either, by just telling you to get in touch with Oceanic. That's kind of throwing you to the wolves. I have seen the owner of the LDS I teach for, get on the phone for over 2 hrs arguing with the manufacturers to get them to honor the warranties on their products. I've heard him go through phone support to supervisor after supervisor, until he gets the situation resolved. That's part of being a dealer. The LDS should stand behind the products they sell, not just tell you to contact the manufacturer.

I had a Datamask for a couple of years before I sold it. Not that it was a bad product (in fact I thought it was pretty cool),... it just wasn't practicle for the type of diving I do.

Reactions: Ana
What you need to do is call Oceanic not e-mail them. I guarentee that if you call they will help you and you will be very pleases, but you have to call them. E-mailing does not work.

I've never seen Oceanic provide anything but stellar service, but email is precarious and not necessarily routed properly. Call them directly. Also, I think just calling Oceanic is a better procedure than interfacing with whatever dive shop you might be dealing with. May be a different story with other vendors.

In my opinion, your initial posting is quite judgmental and not supported by anything you have written.

this is the linkhttp://www.scubaboard.com/forums/oceanic/385615-oceanic-customer-service-gone-downhill.html
Crowny as it been said call don't email you may never get a answer from the email also
you have a 30-DAY SATISFACTION GUARANTEE from oceanic take it back to your LDS.

I've never seen Oceanic provide anything but stellar service, but email is precarious and not necessarily routed properly. Call them directly. Also, I think just calling Oceanic is a better procedure than interfacing with whatever dive shop you might be dealing with. May be a different story with other vendors.

In my opinion, your initial posting is quite judgmental and not supported by anything you have written.

Kilili most emails are not answered by oceanic customer service and that not service, now if you call that a different story.

Back
Top Bottom