Oceanic Chute 3 with twin tanks.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cfdsmokeater

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Anybody have any exprience with the Oceanic Chute 3 with twin tanks? Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Joe.

I think the general consensus is that a backplate is required for diving doubles. Any modified BC will have a compromised mounting procedure and an improperly sized wing. Certainly if you try diving doubles in a proper BP/W setup you will not want to use a BC for doubles.

Ask cerich what he dives doubles with. . .

I've seen it... it wasn't purdy.

BP/Wing

I have a wide variety of them and have been testing even more of them....

There is a double tank set up for the Chute 3 that works quite well however and a choice of 40 or 60lb wings.

If I'm teaching I "request" that my students are in a BP/Wing, the request certainly affects the course...

Hey thanks for all the info. I love this board.

OK. Let me add a little depth to my ?. Pics, people who have actually dove the setup, and pros and/or cons of the experience of these said people. Did Oceanic actually make this "Dual Tank" kit. Seems like nobody has one. I mean come on, who wouldn't want to pay a hundred + bucks for a short piece of bent bar, 2 rubber bushings, 2 bolts, 2 washers, and 2 nuts. That was sarcasm for those with the ????????? look on your face right now.

Thank you for your time, or, excuse me for wasting your time,
Joe.

Stephen Ash:
I've seen it... it wasn't purdy.

Good thing I found a women that didn't care about purdy, or I would have never been married!!!!

Well I have a Chute but I never used it for doubles. (It is a GREAT singles BC.) I have dived with a guy that used his for doubles and the first thing I noticed was how low the tanks hung...floppin' around below his butt... it just doesn't have the support like a BP. That in itself was enough to turn me off to the idea and that's just the beginning.

Thanks for the info Stephen!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom