Oceanic Atom battery is low ALREADY!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

clgsamson:
How is your atom (2E) doing now? no more probs with the battery?

Mine's ok, but My dealer contacted me to change it again with a brand new (hope so) 2F one.

As of today my 2E worked perfectly with 4 dives all No Deco.

Cheers

Tamas:
How do you tell the revision number?

Depressing the A and S buttons simultaneously for 8 seconds while in Surface Mode will access a Serial Number screen. The bottom line has the revision number. Mine says r2f. (The A button is the lower left button and the S button is the upper right.)

UndrWatrDan:
Depressing the A and S buttons simultaneously for 8 seconds while in Surface Mode will access a Serial Number screen. The bottom line has the revision number. Mine says r2f. (The A button is the lower left button and the S button is the upper right.)

R2F here as well!

Ok, I just received my new Atom—it is an r2F. Hope fully I will get to dive with it soon. The Atoms are now shipped in a “sleep” mode and the battery now have a shelf life of around 7 years when the Atom is “sleeping.”

Vie:
OK, after only three months and seven hours of dive time, my second Atom (what happened to my first Atom? See http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=46554&page=4&pp=10) is already showing the “low battery” symbol. I hardly ever use the Backlight and my LDS suspects that downloading data to OceanLog may have contributed to the power drain (I have my Atom set on a 2-second sampling interval which means that I have to download data after every one or two dive).

Has anyone else had this power drain issue?

I had 2 friends that has the same issue with the Atom. They brought it back to the LDS and exchange for 3 times. With the same problem. Finally, they were sick of it and replace it with a Uwatec computer.
Talk to your LDS, they should be able to return it to Oceanic and give you full credit for that. :wink:

NAUI-MD:
I had 2 friends that has the same issue with the Atom. They brought it back to the LDS and exchange for 3 times. With the same problem. Finally, they were sick of it and replace it with a Uwatec computer.
Talk to your LDS, they should be able to return it to Oceanic and give you full credit for that. :wink:

Thanks for the suggestion. I now have an r2F Atom and am waiting to see how it will work out. I also have a Cochran Commander (1FO2) as a back-up. To be honest, I have yet to find a dive computer that I really like—have used a couple of Suuntos and a few UWATEC over the years, as well as a Cochran Gemini. The Cochran Commander is pretty close to my ideal, although it is, IHMO, extremely aggressive and a drag to use sometimes (having to use a coin and all that; not to mention that not every type of coin works...).

Vie:
I now have an r2F Atom and am waiting to see how it will work out.

How is that version working out? I am looking at getting a replacement and I want to request the specific version.

Alex

AlexRodriguez:
How is that version working out?

Still have not dived with mine yet!

Back
Top Bottom