Oceanic ATOM 1.0 .... THOUGHTS?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TampaScuba

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I can't seem to find ANYTHING on this product.

I have the option of buying one of these that has 1 dive on it. Yes, ONE DIVE. It's an older model obviously but is there really THAT big of a difference between the Atom 1, 2, and 3?

It comes with the transmitter and he only wants $400. I'm pretty sure the transmitter itself is that much, no?

What do you guys think of the price and product? Any reviews on here of it?

thanks!

one thing you might want to think about, if it malfunctions, they can longer repair it. And it's old. It will be an upgrade only.

Will the transmitter still work for the newer models?

The Atom 1 is not compatible with the latest version of the Oceanlog software, if you choose to use Oceanic's, and last I checked, the old version it is compatible with isn't compatible with Windows 7.

I think it's overpriced. The sole redeeming point for $400 is the idea that the transmitter might work with the next Oceanic computer you get, but is the 'buy an Oceanic wrist unit & get a free transmitter' promotion still going on?

Don't forget that Atom 1 is likely years old.

Richard.

I have an atom 2 and before that an atom 1. The reason I have the 2 is there was a fault with the back light which stopped working and Oceanic replaced the computer free of charge. I opted for an upgrade to the 2 as it was only a couple of hundred to upgrade and the fact that on the atom 1 you have to press a button to access your tank information did my head in. The transmitter I had for the atom 1 works fine with the atom 2. I think you should see what $400.00 can buy you and yes the price of the transmitter alone is around the $400 mark.

Thanks for the comments guys.... ^so really I won't be losing any money by buying both for $400, right? If it's not really what I'm looking for I could just sell the watch for ~$150 and keep the transmitter I guess. He says it's been on only a couple dives and honestly it looks like he's telling the truth... ATOM 1 does do NITROX right?

00909_fG7ej88tgrQ_600x450.jpg

^ thanks I already found that but good looks!

---------- Post added August 13th, 2013 at 05:23 PM ----------

Well in the past hour I got an offer for a VT3 w/ tranmitter, data cable, box, and battery removal tool for $450 shipped.... Looks like the wifey will be getting the ATOM 1 and I'll be getting the VT3---Which I have heard nothing but good things about!

Thanks for the help guys.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom