Ocean Master snorkle defects?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WOODMAN

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have two Ocean Master dry (ahem!) snorkels which are about 2 years old, and both of them have split the collar which holds the rotating ball flex joint to the main tube.:11: BOTH of them, about 6 months apart! I thought these were a quality product, and never expected to see this happen. Has anyone else experienced anything like this? I have an e-mail out to the company asking about this, but you gotta wonder...:shakehead For now, electrician's tape and zip ties are holding them together, but still... Any info anyone has would be appreciated. Woody

I have two Ocean Master dry (ahem!) snorkels which are about 2 years old, and both of them have split the collar which holds the rotating ball flex joint to the main tube.:11: BOTH of them, about 6 months apart! I thought these were a quality product, and never expected to see this happen. Has anyone else experienced anything like this? I have an e-mail out to the company asking about this, but you gotta wonder...:shakehead For now, electrician's tape and zip ties are holding them together, but still... Any info anyone has would be appreciated. Woody

Same thing happened to my wife's.

There's apparently no useful warranty either (at least nothing i could find).

Terry

The only problem I've ever encountered with my Oceanmaster's (I have three) is that my nine year old one is starting to get brittle and dingy looking.

I haven't bought a new one in like six years, however. Perhaps like many "quality" manufacturers, Oceanmaster has let their standard slip?

Guess I'll hold off ordering any new ones until I hear about this issue being resolved. That sucks.:thumbs_down:

Hey Woodman:
Early in 2007, we signed an agreemeent with the manufacurer / factory of the old Ocean Master. This agreement makes XS Scuba the new exclusive distributor of these products. We were aware of a couple of issues, including the snorkel collar. We had the tooling modified to address this and a couple other issues. We now sell the past OM masks, snorkels and Beta Titanium knives as XS Scuba's M-Line. Give me a call at 866 977-2822. I'll be back in the office on Friday. I'll hook you up with the parts to fix up your snorkels.

I already tossed mine. Oh well.

Terry

Hey Woodman:
Early in 2007, we signed an agreemeent with the manufacurer / factory of the old Ocean Master. This agreement makes XS Scuba the new exclusive distributor of these products. We were aware of a couple of issues, including the snorkel collar. We had the tooling modified to address this and a couple other issues. We now sell the past OM masks, snorkels and Beta Titanium knives as XS Scuba's M-Line. Give me a call at 866 977-2822. I'll be back in the office on Friday. I'll hook you up with the parts to fix up your snorkels.

Well, this is a pleasant surprise. I will contact Mike and let you folks know how this plays out. I have a trip coming in late October, so the timing couldn't be better. Stay tuned! Woody

That's great news from Mike. I will contact Mike to try to get mine fixed. It's also great news since I was going to get another one and the problem should be corrected on the XS Scuba model.

I have had my snorkel for three years and have not experienced that problem?
Mine have held up fine. I will closely inspect though to make sure otherwise it is a great snorkel. A bit bulky, but excellent on the surface.
Thanks for the feedback.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom