Obtaining replacement C Card.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here are some things you can try.

send a photo of hte card they will probably replace it without question. Secondly i did my AOW and nitrox with nauii in 2003 and they have no readily available record of it. (Its in a file cabinet in the basement) If i need it the best i can do is to send a copy of the log book where the instructor signed the course completion at. Copy this page and put it in your safety deposite box. That page should be accepted by the agency or a follow on instructor. I later took gas blending and o2 tech from nauii and they have computer records of that. They never went to the paper files and entered it into the online system. Hopefully it is a OW card and you can get an instructor to do you an AOW class. Then no problem. Do yo have a nitrox card because yo have to have at least an OW for that and that can help substantiate you claim of having a nauii ow card. Honestly get the AOW or next senior card and that will be it. Also when i get inportant cards i get 2 sets,,,,, one i carry and the other i put in my safety deposite box. Its easy to loose a card onsite. Cards i have doubles on are AOW MASTER NITROX,,, REC_TRIMIX50. BTW if they send you a card use it to get the next higher certification.

Over the years my C Card has fallen apart. So i contacted NAUI to obtain a replacement
Card. Problem is i was verified back in 1976. before computers..
spring a head to to day. they do not have me listed in there data base. Bummer.
I gave them everything I had about the instructor. right down to his wife's name.
They had him listed But there just was nothing for me.. Bummer again.
I asked and asked what I could do. At the end I walked away a little unset and
confused. Till about 2 months ago i was researching this problem online.
I found and web based company that stated they can get replacement cards for all
agencies. NAUI,and all others.For a small fee. $ 45.00 Plus shipping.
SO I filled out the online form with all the information i had given NAUI before.
In about a week i received and packet with more paperwork to fill out and sign
and I had to provide a passport Photo.
I just contacted them this morning. They informed me that my replacement Card
had been mailed out on Wednesday and I will receive it first part of next week,
Also I should say. There on line classes for Open Water class work and Nitrox certs
are the lowest priced I have found.

I just wanted to tell them on line what this means to me..
smile.gif

Thanks So Much (onlinescubalessons.com)

You have been a big help to me..When all others Said sorry..Can't help you.
banghead.gif

They came thru...
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif

Thanks... __________________
Tight Lines and Flat Sea's
So Many Tuna So Little Time.
HM

Hi Sam.. I sent 2 Emails out to NAUI HQ. 1 to Mike and an Open letter requesting a more better search.
In both cases I have (not received any response from NAUI HQ) pertaining to this matter..

Got any idea's how to proceed ?

[/FONT]I would strongly urge that you contact NAUI HQ and talk to Cathy Cush or Mike Durst...and stand back from your mail box for a new card will be on its way

SDM
LA Co UW Instructor 11 UICC
NAUI Instructor #27
PADI instructor # 241 (or 2241 ?) <PADI had misplaced my records>
And a few more of the Instructor alphabet

Have you tried NAUI via their toll-free number?

Back
Top Bottom