Observed at last mixed tech diving clinic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PaulChristenson

Contributor
Reaction score
Three diving instructors on a boat. IANTD, TDI and DIR. They have a group of new technical divers and enjoying an dive clinic around Lake Champlain, when the IANTD instructor pipes up ‘I’m hungry, I need some munchies’. He hops over the side of the boat, walks across the water to the shore and starts to walk up the cliff path.
The trainees are dumb-struck.
‘Idiot.’ says the TDI instructor. ‘He’s forgotten his wallet.’ He too, hops over the side of the boat, and jogs across the waves to the cliff, whereupon he sprints to the top, and chases after the IANTD diver.
The trainees are by this point thoroughly in awe.
The DIR instructor, being the only instructor still in the boat, proceeds to espy a ‘training opportunity’. These are to Advanced Instructors what converts are to door-to-door preachers; and he covers proper equipment layout, proper BP threading, and a full round of man overboard drills by the time the other instructors return to the bottom of the cliff with chips and soda.
This doesn’t impress the new tech divers half as much as the water walking, but they listen and learn as all good little techies do.
They struggle across the waves, but appear to be having some difficulty, so the DIR instructor turns to the tech students and says, ‘Remember what I taught you, look after the boat.’ He then hops over the side, strides across the rising waves and helps his compatriots back to the boat. They distribute the chips and sodas to the speechless tech divers and proceed to their afternoon dives.
Later in the pub, they are discussing the day’s activities, and the IANTD instructor murmurs sotto voce to his esteemed colleagues, ‘What about that eh? Good thing we knew about those submerged rocks!’
‘What rocks?’ says the DIR instructor.

and then the female tech instructor, who was supervising the entire day, takes the water wings off of all three of those guys' feet, to show these students that none of their instructors, is actually god.

I agree with opiniongirl. There would have to be one woman on board or they all would have died.

Back
Top Bottom