Oahu's live aboard dive boat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

100_0892.JPG

I dont think too many people will object to blackened Ono on the menu. That is the days we catch one or two at least. Oh did I forget to mention that an Egg Harbor is a sport fisher by design and there is fishing between dive sites.

(Please note, I do not sell fish at the block. All fish that may be caught belong to the passengers and of course the chef.)

Jack

Do you have the ability to provide nitrox? With 5-6 dives a day I'd see that as needed, especially if the dives are greater than 60 feet.

I may look into PP blending. I was looking at a membrane compressor but at almost 35 grand I couldnt do it. The compressor I did get can have nitrox membranes added at a later date. I have the Nuvair 250 which is a 10.4 SCFM powered by a Yanmar diesel.

Jack

you can setup PP blending for 400 bucks. Or build a continious blending system, for the same amount...

My thoughts exactly. With a 10 cfm compressor and a continuous blending system you could push 600 cubic feet of gas on a 1 hour SI. If four divers with 80s, that is plenty of capacity.

I'm probably within the demographic that will pay a premium for a smooth, well-run liveaboard. Even being in Seattle, a longish weekend is not out of the question. I've done that flight twice in the past six months. But, lack of nitrox and 5 dives a day makes it not that attractive.

Nicest compressor setup I've seen on a boat is in Nanaimo, a 4500 psi bank, a big, electric, compressor run off shore power at night, a booster for RB divers, with a PP system for nitrox. Probably too much weight for a 48 foot boat.

Good luck with the operation, a cool idea, I hope it flies.

Scuba and Dreams: "Nitrox" is this amazing "voodoo" gas we breathe out of steel tanks wearing drysuits on the mainland. Rumor has it that it will be in wide use in the Islands by 2020.:D

I am sure rockjock3 would be more then happy to build you one for a small nominal fee, he build mine (in exchange for a tech class) and it works like a charm (for nitrox and trimix) with my puny 3.5cfm Alkin W31.

While too rich for my blood, I am sure there is a market for this type of charter around here--best of luck.

I am sure rockjock3 would be more then happy to build you one for a small nominal fee, he build mine (in exchange for a tech class) and it works like a charm (for nitrox and trimix) with my puny 3.5cfm Alkin W31.

Sounds good. Will have to be in touch.

Jack

Jack,

Great idea! I hope it does well. There is a huge market out there that maybe nobody is looking at. The way it sounds, it is a "Club Med" type liveaboard. I know the exact type of customers that would love it and pay the price.

Chris

Back
Top Bottom