Oahu or Maui - Nov 23 - 26; AOW certification

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sorry eduardo. not trying to hijack your thread.

yeah i've been on scooter dives, but not in a class forum. like i said it is all about the instructor. mddc has great instructors from what i've seen and heard. just want others to be aware that not all classes are the same even with the same topic. all of my AOW has at least one day on the boat for a 2 tank. that is the best way to find the depth needed and to still have time to do the required skills plus a few extra. doing specialties is different than doing it as AOW. it is good to see you took the time to do specialties. i think they are often over looked, but provide an excellent opportunity for students to get deeper into diving(yes pun) and learn a whole lot. not only makes students better divers and shows them how to get more enjoyment from the dives they do, but can also make them better steward of our oceans. i have taught a lot of AOW, but love to do full specialties. gives me time to get into topics that i only have time to touch on in OW and AOW. i wish i could spend 2 weeks on OW & AOW, but cant in this environment. specialties is where its at!

i work every saturday, but have been thinking about getting the saturdays off when the scubaboard dive meets. i especially would like to meet kidspot. he helped me tremendously when we were planning on moving here. kidspot if your reading, thank you again!

see you around and good luck thursday!

well, maybe it will work out to at least be at the same beach! :)

I agree -- specialties are very cool... I couldn't imagine doing some of them as just part of AOW... like Fish ID.

Thanks guys for the recommendations. Unfortunately, this trip has been postponed :shakeheaduntil the first part of 2007. The airline had some restrictions on traveling those dates which they didn't tell me about on my initial inquiry.

MakoMike: A friend of mine and his wife are going to be there over Thanksgiving and are planning to the OW referral dives (having completed the class/pool work here). Please PM your contact info.

Mahalo to all.
Ed

Back
Top Bottom