Oahu diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So the people that don't think Oahu is one of the better places to dive, what do you recommend? We are planning a trip with another couple for New Years this year and have been all over the Carribean diving so we are excited to dive some place new! We would want to probably do it as cheap as possible, rent a place and rent a car to get around. Shore dives would be great, but if other spots have a good dive company and there are are great dives off shore we would lean towards that.

I would greatly appreciate your expertise!!!!!

So the people that don't think Oahu is one of the better places to dive, what do you recommend? We are planning a trip with another couple for New Years this year and have been all over the Carribean diving so we are excited to dive some place new! We would want to probably do it as cheap as possible, rent a place and rent a car to get around. Shore dives would be great, but if other spots have a good dive company and there are are great dives off shore we would lean towards that.

I would greatly appreciate your expertise!!!!!

Not sure where you live, but I am in San Francisco. The prices from San Francisco to Hawaii has been ridiculous, I have friends flying from Denver for 350 dollars while it cost me 650 for a flight back in April and about 550 back the previous November for Maui and Oahu. Seems like they are cut supply so much and demand has grown, they can charge those prices. I have been looking at Cozumel for my next vacation, and it seems really reasonable. I think Cozumel has one of the best diving out in the Caribbean, might want to check out the prices. And you can get the all inclusive resorts! The thing I don't like about traveling out of US is that I have to be a little more cautious about my safety than if I went to Hawaii and flights from San Francisco have horrible connections.

Oahu is definitely not the best island for shore diving (Big Island is better by far and Maui is probably still better).

And yet, among the reasons I would chose Oahu as my "best September dive vacation" is because of the "better than Maui and the Big Island" shore diving. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom