Oahu Dive Trip w/ Kaimana Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Actosrep

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I recently had the great pleasure to escape the winter storms here in Ohio and head to Oahu from February 20-27 to do some diving. Several months prior to the trip, I had hooked up with Gabe Scotti from Kaimana Divers on Scubaboard and he worked up a fantastic schedule of various dive sites around Oahu. We started off with 4 dives on Friday. We covered the Seatiger, Horseshoe Reef, Turtle Canyons and Nautilus Reef. Saturday we had a fantastic dive on the Seacave and a drift dive from Seacave to Hanauma Bay. Due to some very blustery weather on Sunday, we ended up getting blown out, as did everyone else on the island. On Monday morning, we dove the YO and San Pedro and we did an awesome night dive on the Corsair and Angler’s Reef.

I really appreciated the effort that Gabe put into providing such a diverse experience. Given the weather and surf conditions, there are no guarantees on any of the sites, but Gabe put together a great schedule. I know that some on this board have expressed concerns over going with someone that does not have their own boat, but I can personally attest to the fact that it was not a problem. And as you can see from my itinerary, neither was getting a variety of different dives in.

Gabe’s attitude and professionalism are top notch and I enjoyed the small groups that we dove with. Even when I was not so bright (like hovering next to a reef to get a close look at a nudibranch only to have a sudden surge make me smack my head against the reef ), Gabe was right there to check and make sure that I was OK. The only thing I wounded was my pride and I appreciated his attention to my safety.

To anyone looking to make a trip to Oahu that enjoys a small group experience with diverse dive sites, I whole-heartedly encourage you to talk with Gabe. You can reach him at 808-772-1795 or at kaimanadivers.com.:D

Aloha and I can’t wait to get back!

Great post. Gabe is an awesome guy. I love diving with him. I'm glad you had fun on your vacation out here. Hopefully, you'll get to come back again soon.

It was great diving with you while you were here! I am so glad you had so much fun! Gabe is a great guy isn't he? I try not to tell him that too often though, he may let it go to his head!!!

WOW!

Thanks Jeff...... On my end, Jeff was a dream to dive with. Divers like him are the reason I love owning a small kine company. So much great diving on Oahu, why do the same sites over and over? We did have some amazing dives and I'm so stoked you got such a good chunk of time to dive. Sounds like the family is enjoying the photos and videos too. Thanks again Jeff, hope to see you next time...

Aloha and Mahalo for a fantastic week of dives!

G

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom