Great Barrier Reef - Dive Hotels

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You don't mention where you are flying in to and out of?

I've just come back from Lady Elliot Island.. don't let the weight allowance put you off, extra luggage is cheap relative to what you will spend overall (cost me $160 AUD) - and over a few days, cheaper than hiring, plus the benefit of using your own gear. You will need to book your luggage in advance, it's just a single prop plane with limited space. Just a note if night diving is an interest - they basically don't do it, despite what they say on the website, so you will get in two dives a day.

Excellent eco resort, with the easy accessibilty to diving (and snorkelling) you are looking for. The diving itself was excellent, not disappointed.

Yes, similiar but different to Heron Island as others have said, so I think it fits the bill well.

You're talking November, so that's stinger season for Lizard Island and Orpheus Island (never been to either) being that far north... at that time of year, they wouldn't be my first (or second or third) choice.
Thanks so much Hotsong. We can fly out of any airport - we will be flying up from Sydney.

Hadn't factored stinger season into it - great call out - that's less of an issue at Heron?

The limitation to two dives a day is a bit of a bummer - was hoping for the option of at least two morning and an afternoon.

Really appreciate the advice - we have been doing mainly Pacific diving recently.

Back
Top Bottom