Oahu - dive recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mdive

New
Reaction score
Hi
Going to be in Oahu and Kauai at the end of February.

Just wondering what diver charters are recommended?
Also, what dive location can't be missed (considering what is currently going on in Hawaii e.g. whales so I've heard we really should go to the west coast right now? )

We will be on Oahu the longest so most likely we really don't have any time on Kauai for diving. Lets just focus on Oahu diving.

Background: Intermediate diver and another that is not so much a beginner as anxious.
Looking for a very nice dive experience to see the most, relax, have a small dive group, and have a good experience with the dive company. If we feel great could be possible to do Advanced courses, or more days of diving etc. I suspect one of us might want a full wet suit as they are usually cold. Pehaps point out any other cool features - I heard some rent cameras or provide everyone with dive photos, provide a real lunch, etc.

Thanks !

check these guys out www.oahudivecenter.com

ask for Bob or Randy. They dive all over the island, not just one side or out of one location. Great guys, fun and safe diving. And at the end of the week you get some instant fame with the folks back home when they put you up on their Weekly News page.

I have to give big props to my buddy Gabe. He goes everywhere, does great guides, and I always have a good time on land. I strongly suggest checking out Kaimana Divers and scottitheduck on here.

I can totally attest to what ODC diver said. Bob and Randy are highly professional and very knowledgeable....safety always their first concern, same applies to all their dive masters.
Good time guaranteed!

Im going to to be diving with diamondhead divers next week. They came recommended by a good resource here on SB.

How does it work for the guys that don't have their own boats? The ones that do seem to say that the other guys are rushed and can't go where they want to etc.

Also, what are the best locations to hit next week? Or they are all good...
Should one try to be on the west for the whales etc. ?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom