O'ahu 19th-25th of March

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sillygrendel

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi All,

I'm going to O'ahu from the 19th-25th of March. My friend is doing his open water checkout dives there.

If I could find people to dive with, I'd very much like to do some diving while he completes the class.

As far as my experience - I have around 100 dives total, and for the last 6 months or so I've been diving most weekends locally (Monterey, CA). I recently took GUE Fundamentals and managed to get the tech endorsement.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Matt

with only 100 dives, no guide, and being there during big wave season, your sites are somewhat limited,
Check out Rainbow Reef/Magic Island, Hanuama Bay, and maybe Electric Beach. All of them should be well protected and you don't need a guide to figure them out. If the waves are down, then be sure to check out ThreeTables and Sharks Cove these are IMHO some of the best sites on O'ahu

Why not do the Dives with your friend...
Aloha Mark..

The first two days he'll be doing his checkout dives. I wasn't sure how the instructor would feel about me tagging along. During those days I was hoping I'd get a chance to do some dives that, being so newly certified, he might not be as well suited for. After he finishes his checkout dives, I'm sure we'll find stuff to do.

I figured it would be pretty unlikely to find someone more experienced that would actually dive with me, but thought it was worth a try...

Check out Rainbow Reef/Magic Island, Hanuama Bay, and maybe Electric Beach. All of them should be well protected and you don't need a guide to figure them out.

IMHO, plenty guides don't have Rainbow Reef and E-Beach Figured out. I've had really good dives at Rainbow Reef, on rare occasions, but I never wanted to be there. Something (conditions) or someone (boss) forced me to go. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom