o-ring size for Aladin Pro?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I searched hi and low for a "2-016" o-ring today with no luck. McMaster car as well as a couple other o-ring suppliers. I must be missing something on how the sizing is referenced.

Often the "2-" is not needed when searching the part. How is this: McMaster-Carr

Thanks! that helps a lot. My original still does not seem like a perfect match for those specs, but at under $4 for a bag of 100, its not too much of a risk. In any case, this helps me understand how to size and order o-rings now. I have several applications for this. ie, the supercharger on my mustang/cobra has a dozen or so o-rings in the intercooler. They were several dollars ea from Ford. Once I nailed down the size and type, I got a whole back from Mcmaster and shared them with friends who need them.

Follow up:

Today, I tracked down a 2-016 o-ring, and compared it against by original. It is clearly thicker and larger. Maybe it would seal, but I am pretty sure that's not a direct fit.

I was able to use a couple hotel room key cards squared up with a ruler to get a pretty good ID measurement of the battery cap, which is 15mm. Al local dive shop tech that I know thinks its a metric o-ring, so i am going for that.

The o-ring store stocks a Buena 70 metric o-ring size: 1.5mm x 15mm.
**maybe I am the last one to learn this, but with the metric size standards, the first # is the thickness, and the second # is the ID.

I will post back once I confirm that this is all working.

>>>>Turns out I was also looking for a 1.6mm x 15.1mm for one of my Poseidon regs, so this is a double win for me <<<<

Did you also manage to measure the OD that the o-ring will sit in? This willet you know if the section is correct. If the o-ring is not seated on both the inside and outside it will likely leak.

The 15x1.5 is a fairly common metric size.

The supplier I use also has 15.1x1.6 with a comment "Swedish UH Metric" it is only supplied in Nitrate 70.

Did you also manage to measure the OD that the o-ring will sit in? This willet you know if the section is correct. If the o-ring is not seated on both the inside and outside it will likely leak.

The 15x1.5 is a fairly common metric size.

The supplier I use also has 15.1x1.6 with a comment "Swedish UH Metric" it is only supplied in Nitrate 70.

I did not get the OD spec yet. I will get that when I unsolder and remove the battery. I wouldn't mind comparing the 1.6mm x 15.1mm oring, to see which one fits best. I am feeling pretty good about the 1.5x15 and ordered a few to try out.

Some might think I am putting too much effort into a 23+ year old computer. Here's my thought process:
-Relatively cheap and proven reliable computers to serve as back-up / redundant bottom timers/computers
-Easy to read screen with just the bare necessities. Depth / MadD / Dive Time / Deco(air)
-I just like them!

Last edited:
Some might think I am putting too much effort into a 23+ year old computer. Here's my thought process:
-Relatively cheap and proven reliable computers to serve as back-up / redundant bottom timers/computers
-Easy to read screen with just the bare necessities. Depth / MadD / Dive Time / Deco(air)
-I just like them!
Good on you.
I also prefer my Aladin Pro Nitrox(since 1996) against anything in the market.

I had a few spare minutes today, and swapped in the new battery. While it was out, I measured the ID of the sealing surface. It seems to be tapered, from 17.6mm to 18.1mm at the opening. Hopefully my metric o-rings will be here by this weekend so I can seal this guy up!

Update:

I just got in my order from 'The O-Ring Store LLC'. I got in the metric 1.5MM x 15MM Buna-N 70 orings. Comparing them side-by-side, its virtually impossible to see any difference. Using a digital caliper, the new 0-rings seem to measure out at ~1.45 thickness, but that might just be because they are brand new and not as stiff as the 20+ year old original. It seems to seat perfectly in the cap and just seems like a good fit. MUCH better than the 2-016 that I tried last week.

***FWIW: I also bought some metric 1.6 x 15.1 that I needed for another (Poseidon reg) project, so I put one of those in the cap just for comparison. the 1.6 thickness will fit, but just does not seat as well, plus I can observe some side-to-side movement when I push on one side. I know that 0.1 difference in the ID is not much, so maybe its the thicker profile allowing the movement. In any case, I am pretty sure the 1.5 x 15mm is the original spec. These are pretty cheap, so I might see if there is a 1.55x15mm just to check.

I will post back after I get to dive this and double check for leaks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom