NYC Divers November Happy Hour 11/8! Special guest: Dean Fessler of SRI!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

theoceanblue

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
NYC Divers November Happy Hour!

When:

Wednesday, November 8, 2006, 7:00 PM

Where:

Fuelray
68 W 3rd Street
New York , NY 10012

http://www.fuelray.com

We've got a new location for this one, it's Fuelray Lounge! If you've never been there it's a great space, and we'll be taking up residence in the back and have it all to ourselves.

There's a great menu of food (also available for viewing on their website), with a greater array of choices than our last venue, so feel free to come right down after work, have some food and drinks, and come meet all the other great divers!

Dean Fessler
Education Director Shark Research Institute

Dean will be speaking at our event about sharks and shark ecology! This is going to be a very special evening, one you won't want to miss. Come on down and bring your friends who might be interested in sharks.

Fuelray is convenient to many subways. It is just blocks from the W. 4th Street subway where the A, C, E, B, D, F, and V trains stop, not far from the Bleecker Street stop of the 6 train and the 8th Street stop of the W or R trains.

Hope to see you there!

Be careful of the SRI group! We were just on a trip with them to North Carolina for the Sand Tiger Reserch group. There was a lot promised and not delivered, and on top of it Dean Fessler did not end up making the trip. In his place was a marine biology student. The point of the trip was to tag and document sharks. The method of tagging was going to be a yellow marker (I am not joking).

The weather that weekend was bad, we only got 2 dives in over 3 days with no education provided. Overall I would rate the experience very poor. The student (Matt) tried to make the best of it, but he was drop shipped the day before from his Whale Shark based operation to appease the unknowing in the group. At this point the dive center refunded the money for the missed dives, but SRI refuses to refund anything. So basically we made 2 out of 6 dives in North Carolina for $550. GREAT DEAL!

BEWARE! This group is not all they say they are!

Its a shame that anyone would take advantage of people willing to help like this group. I personally would never do business with them or afford them any more of my time.

Sorry to hear about your experiences. Not sure what to say about it except we did have a good experience with Dean and his presentation was very well-received and very educational. I can't vouch for what happened on that trip, but I'm sorry it wasn't all that it was supposed to be.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom