Nudibranch Lovers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow, great shots going on here lately!

I am finally going diving next weekend after a 6 month ski season. It will be freshwater so the likelihood of finding any Nudis is nil, but at least it will be underwater.

a chromodoris binzi, a new find for me! Woot!!!
1503248_10152084064088531_5660138969749905855_n.jpg

---------- Post added May 6th, 2014 at 09:15 PM ----------

yeah, i know, a sucky photo.. The little bugger was on a mission and it did not include patiently waiting while I got a shot or two of it..

image.jpg
Hypselodoris Ghiselini

image.jpg
Tambja Abdere

image.jpg
Flabellina Marcusorum

image.jpg
Hypselodoris Californiensis

image.jpg
Hypselodoris Agassizii

Sea of Cortez, or Gulf of California, taken with my Nikon coolpix in an ikelite housing. Apart from cropping a couple they haven't been touched up.

Isn't finding a new nudi the best feeling ever? Well, maybe the second best?
Was a pretty awesome dive to begin with, and finding the nudi late in the dive topped it off in terms of awesomeness.. wish I could of gotten a better photo. oh well.. time to go back and shoot some more..

A few from my weekly newspaper columns:

DDDB 461 Peltodoris mullineri sm.jpg
Peltodoris mullineri

DDDB 447 Hypselodoris sm.jpg
Felimare (Hypselodoris) californiensis

DDDB 003 nudibranchs.jpg
Flabellina iodinea

DDDB 068 Melibe leonina collage.jpg
Melibe leonina

DDDB 244 Hermissenda crassicornis sm.jpg
Hermissenda crassicornis

That was fantastic. I have never seen a living vacuum.

---------- Post added May 7th, 2014 at 09:42 AM ----------

I need to find a SWIMMING spanish dancer next time Im down in the red sea. Ive only seen them snailing (pun intended) along the bottom..
I need to dig up the video I have from a night dive in 1997 off the coast of Kona, Hawaii. It was simply mesmerizing to watch the Spanish Dancer Nudibranch do its undulating dance in the water column in the pitch black water. If I find the video I will post it here, somewhere.

Oh please do - and please do it in this thread :wink:

I need to find a SWIMMING spanish dancer next time Im down in the red sea. Ive only seen them snailing (pun intended) along the bottomn..
We have a similar nudibranch along the west coast of North America called Dendronotus iris.
Picture059-1-1.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom