Nudibranch Lovers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When I was photographing this Phyllidia polkadotsa in Anilao last month I only noticed the small (?) Hypselodoris sp when viewing the photos on my computer afterwards on the lower part of the shot. The main subject is around 20mm in size.

Last edited:
Best wishes to the kind folks in the Philippines, a place many of us Nudibranch lovers have dived.

Here is a Philippine's Nudi that is by no means too small to see with the naked eye. This Banana slug (Notodoris minor) was found off Malapascua which took a direct hit from the Super Typhoon last week.

Banan slug close copy.jpg

Welcome Jodylynn!!!

Has anyone ever seen a giant nudi? I'm not sure of the ID but I saw one at least half a meter long in Borneo. I never realised they could get that big. Got a poor photo of it!

One giant nudi coming up... this guy was about 1.5 feet long!! Oh and of course I have video of it too... will have to dig that up to share also.

Large nudibranch (1.5 feet in length) | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

---------- Post added November 13th, 2013 at 11:46 AM ----------

I hope this link works?

Here is a video of that huge nudibranch:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10153449428785537&set=vb.625275536&type=2&theater

That's dendronotis iris, Jody ... one of my favorite local nudis. Nice pic.

Here's a few of my favorite local nudis ... some of these are older shots, from my point'n'shoot days ...

IMG_6181-Copy.jpg

Untitled.jpg

HoodedNudi.jpg

Flabellina2.jpg

IMG_2760.jpg

IMG_1285.jpg

IMG_8734.jpg

CIMG4405.jpg

dragonnudi.jpg

P1010044.jpg

dancer.jpg

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Nice sampling from the Pacific North West.

Who would think that pretty frilly Rainbow Nudibrachs (Dendronotis iris) were such vicious predators?

Jodylynn007's video shows them striking at prey?

Nice sampling from the Pacific North West.

Who would think that pretty frilly Rainbow Nudibrachs (Dendronotis iris) were such vicious predators?

Jodylynn007's video shows them striking at prey?

Well, everyone's gotta eat ... the vicious ones tend to eat best ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

When I was photographing this Phyllidia polkadotsa in Anilao last month I only noticed the small (?) Hypselodoris sp when viewing the photos on my computer afterwards on the lower part of the shot. The main subject is around 20mm in size.

LOVE the name!!! Somebody had a sense of humor!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom