Nub Dive South Florida Recommendation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Viron

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm a NuB that just complete OW, NITROX, and AOW since 12/29 with 14 dives under my belt. I done about nine dives out of Pompano with ScubaTyme all for OW and AOW certifications. They were all nice dives. I've also done five with my brother. Two were with Little Deeper in Jupiter, and two with Little Deeper out of Phil Foster Park. All were nice dives. The fifth dive was about three hours in the pool with my brother working on breathing and safety skills, working on kit, deploying and recovering safety sausage etc underwater. I actually got my RMV below .4cuft/min in the pool. For OW diving I'm averaging below .7.

My question is what would you recommend besides just reef dives 30'-70' to expand my horizons without going much below 100'? I'm considering shore dives, night dives, and shark dives.

I thought I wouldn't like night dives, but think I might see myself "bugging" at night next year.

I wasn't all that enthused with penetrating the Ancient Mariner, probably because I tend to be a bit of a bull in a china shop that likes open spaces. I love riding my motorcycle. On a wreck is fine. In a wreck not so much.

Lastly, if the dive is Pompano or north the better because then it is a day trip from the Space Coast of Florida.

Thanks for the input, Viron.

howdy and welcome from your south Florida neighbor...sounds like your off to a great start...try everything till you find what you like.

I just did a trip down to Pompano. Even though there's nothing exciting about the penetration, we did "penetrate" the Sea Emperor. I say that in quotations, because you have an escape the entire time. Not sure how familiar you are with that wreck, but it's barge that had concrete piping on it. When they sunk it, it flipped upside down. So they cut slits in it so you could go inside. Like I said, nothing special but I thought it was a good intro to penetration.

I also did some diving with Stuart Dive Shop and had a great time. Sheeper (who post on here reguarly) was my guide. Great guy to dive with. We dove Julie's Reef and Tunnels and got to see some big nurse sharks on those dives. I'd recommend going out with them.

Back
Top Bottom