Novice in France/Spain

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi There
I am a PADI OW diver who qualified this year, but hasn't done any diving since qualifying. As a friend of mine (who is AOW) is visiting we were thinking of a dive trip through France and possibly Spain. Are we (and in particular I, being less experienced) going to have any problems organising dives with guides to suit my level and, given depth restrictions relating to experience, will I see much (I.E. I know there are wrecks off the North Coast but they are deep and, obviously, I haven't doen wreck diving qualification)? Any advice on this wwould be most appreciated.
Thanks

As a PADI OW you are limited to 18m dives. In France you will be considered as a CMAS 1 star diver and must dive with an instructor. However most centres are geared up to do this and you should be OK. (Your friend's AOW will have the same restriction)
You will both need a medical certificate of less than a year old.
Spain I think has changed recently but the same restrictions apply IIRC.

Northern France can be problematic, but the Med coast is ideal for what you are thinking of doing. I suggest the Marseille area and the area round Lavandou.

Chris

In Britanny also there are wonderful dives for beginners. But the Med is warmer!

In the Mediterranean, you can find some wrecks within your diving max depth and most important, in France you don't need a wreck dive specialty to expplore wrecks

As said above, best to dive in the Mediterranean because at this time of the year water is much warmer.

As far as Spain, if would recommend staying in Estartit or close by, there are many dive centers there and they take you to the Medas Islands where there are beautiful dives.

Back
Top Bottom