November trip for 50th birthday - need suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Scubadonna, Indonesia is a great choice, Nov- Feb is officially rainy season although last year didn't really start till Dec, Raja Ampat season is Oct - April and the further North and east you get the better it is. The mola mola are most often seen off Bali mid-July to late October and in the Banda Sea, around Alor September - November. But Raja is good for about everything, seriously healthy coral and abundant fish life, loads of liveaboards to choose from, but they do book up early especially over the Dec/Christmas period.

Hi, I will consider Phuket in Thailand. The diving is good there all year round and by November the weather is good as the rain has gone. You may get the odd shower at night but the days are great. The crowds of high season have not arrived and the last 2 years the Manta rays and Whale sharks arrived mid November. There Viz is 20 meters plus and the sea warm all year. There are turtles, Black tip and Leopard sharks all year plus Huge variety of tropical reef fish. There are many great dive sites to choose from Diving and the live aboards start mid November to the Similan naional park too. Liveaboards and the prices are cheap too with very high standards of service.

I've had great luck weather wise in November in Bali and Lembeh. Both are easily combined with a Komodo liveaboard which I've done twice in the past two years which either means Komodo rocks or I'm stupid.

I think Bali is the place you are looking for celebrating your 50th birth day. The diving is good because bali is one of the best dive sport in the world.If you decide already then I am an instructor of PADANGBAI BALI DIVE want to take care of you.Please email me on :darta_bali@yahoo.com
thanks
Darta

---------- Post added March 9th, 2015 at 05:11 PM ----------

I think Bali is the place you are looking for celebrating your 50th birth day. The diving is good because bali is one of the best dive sport in the world.If you decide already then I am an instructor of PADANGBAI BALI DIVE want to take care of you.Please email me on darta_bali@yahoo.com
thanks
Darta

Back
Top Bottom