November in Costa Rica

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chocoholic

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
We are planning the last two weeks of November into the very beginning of December. We are thinking of staying one week Playa Hermosa (Guanacaste) and then one week Jaco Beach. That's where I can find timeshares so far.
I am hoping to go to Catalina at least once, and do some local diving too. Plus we want to see monkeys, butterflies, lots of animals and waterfalls. This will be our first trip and any info, comments or ideas are welcome.

Hi Chocoholic,

How are you? From both places you mention there's a lot of oportunities to do a lot of different kind of excursions, from hiking to horseriding, zip lining to rafting.... Most of the excursions you can easily book once you're here.... Let me know if I can help you out when it comes to questions on specific excursions.

Than the diving. The area of Playa Hermosa/Guanacaste is considert the best in Costa Rica when it comes to diving. I'm working as an instructor at Rich Coast Diving in Playas del Coco, a 10 min drive from Playa Hermosa. We arrange transportation from and to your hotel either way by car or boat. We take our boats out everyday for local diving and as soon as we have a group of 3 divers we can go for a 3 tank dive to the Catalina Islands. We need a minimum of 4 persons for a 2 tank dive.

The season for the Catalina Islands runs from more or less December untill April, that's when the Giant Manta are there, so the later you plan your dive trip to these islands, the bigger the change to meet these friendly creatures.

Hopefully, I informed you well so far, don't hesitate to contact me if you have any further questions.

Have a great day.

Cindy

Martin and Brenda van Gestel
Rich Coast Diving Co.
PADI 5* IDC center
Rich Coast Diving - Costa Rica Diving and Adventure
richcoastdiving@windowslive.com
dive@richcoastdiving.com
telephone: +506-2670-0176

Hello Chocoholic,
as you come to Jaco Beach i would like to welcome you and inform you that we are the only dive shop there.
Regarding your plan to come mid November i would suggest to move your vacancy about 2 weeks further to December. Mid november is traditionally the month when the rain season ends, but dependig on he weather - what is lately more and more unpredictable- this can be also on the end of November. Choosing December as time for your vacancy will set you oon the safe side regarding rain, especially below Guanacaste.

Hope to see you in my shop and have a nice and safe trip!

Chris

Thank you for your replies. Unfortunately our vacation time is already set, mostly around work schedules and American Thanksgiving.
We are planning to do lots of touring around and only a couple days of diving (since my hubby doesn't dive).

Chocoholic,
give us a call or just drop in the shop when you are in Jaco.
Depending on how the dive conditions will be i would like to show you the
beauty of the central pacific.

Chris

Back
Top Bottom